triclopyr planting restrictions

wsucoug

Does anyone know of any planting or rotation restrictions with regards to triclopyr. Can't remember off the top of my head. Specifically concerned with clover with spring application over oats and seeding my LC MRC in the late summer

Triclopyr isn't labeled for farm fields, it's labeled for control of broadleaf woody species like trees and brush, that's why you can't find any residual information for oats. Triclopyr stays in the soil for 30-90 days, and certain components remain for a year. For broadleaf weed control in oats 2,4-D does about the same thing as Triclopyr at 1/3 the price and only a short carryover period. I'd say seeding clover 90 days after Triclopyr applications should be ok, depending on the dosage rate.

I actually already sprayed with 2,4 D, but i have some Canadian thistle. I am thinking i am only gonna get top kill. Typically I use clopyralid and rotate in brassicas; however, i would prefer to go into clover here. I am pretty sure the rotation on clopyralid is closer to a year for legumes.

I actually already sprayed with 2,4 D, but i have some Canadian thistle. I am thinking i am only gonna get top kill. Typically I use clopyralid and rotate in brassicas; however, i would prefer to go into clover here. I am pretty sure the rotation on clopyralid is closer to a year for legumes.
Spot spray the canadian thistle with 2,4-D and they should die. Or spot spray the thistles in clover with Thunder.

Back