To pee or not to pee from the stand ???

Do you pee from the stand ?

• Never, I wait until I am a great distance from my stand

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Never, I pee in a bottle and carry it away with me.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • It doesnt matter I let it rip anytime I feel the urge

Votes: 44 77.2%
  • I wait until a doe is close under me and pee on her.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Podad

I have read many threads on other forums about this subject. I dont think we who are the resident brain trust here have yet approached this delicate subject.

What say you other members of the Deer Hunter forum brain trust ???

Well my understanding from guys using their own urine on scrapes is urine is urine so I say let er' rip if what they are saying is true. Now I have had the occasional bout of IBS and when that happens I haul ass "literally" as far away down wind of my setup as possible :)

Pee wherever and whenever I want. Never seen evidence that it spooked a deer (the movement in stand would of course, but not the odor from my experiences). I just try to make sure I don't pee on my boots, into the wind, or on the ladder I came up on.

Heck , I had hose in hand emptying bladder off of stand, when my buck came by at 10 yds that I shot last fall. I Pee from stand but do try to limit number of times. I also pee in scrapes and had buck I chose to let walk come to that scrape same morning I made it. Besides, I tried the pee bottle on a Canadian hunt once and obviously waited too long as I had the damn thing overflowing. Last time for that. Pee away.

dogghr - I shot a buck several years back doing the same thing with my outside layer of clothing down around my ankles lol I try not to pee out of the stand but when its needed I let her fly

I always have a couple cups of coffee in the morning do I always need to pee from the stand. Never felt like it spooks deer.

I pee in any scrape I find as I walk in or out of the woods. If I choose to not get down - I just let it fly!

When it comes down to it urine is simply water and salt, two naturally occuring compounds that are found in almost every living creatures urine. I've taken leaks from the stand and have deer come by and sniff it minutes later and not care or be spooked by it

Let er rip! At 60...it's more often than years past. Weird how you always have to pee when you climb down from the stand.

I used to carry the dreaded pee bottle in my back pack for years till i discovered like most in here that pee has no effect on the deer what so ever! I wish i would have realized that years before i did LOL!! I can't tell you how many times i ended up peeing on myself or my hands using that stupid bottle! So there i sat smelling like pee anyhow LOL!!

To pee, or not to pee, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished.

I wouldn't say they totally ignore it. I've had deer get very nervous if they get real close on fresh pee. After a couple hours it's pretty much inert. I have also seen bucks tear up a spot in the woods where I took a leak an hour earlier so, they do react differently to it sometimes.

Lol, I was hoping someone would get it. Figured if you were going to quote Hamlet, that Holiday was fair game too!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When my boys were small we all hunted from a large box stand. They used to open the door and have peeing contests. One day while they were doing all that sort of stuff the oldest and I shot three separate deer.

After that when we were hunting and not seeing any they would want to pee

Ok, i'll be the first to ask. Who pee's on the doe?

It wasn't me, even though I posted that option :D

Looks like over 75% of us think taking a leak from your hunting location doesn't matter.

About 21% feel it does matter. Do you guys want to give some insight on why you feel that way.

Back