Throw N Mow thread...

Planning to spray some clethodim on Saturday and then t&m 3 weeks or so later depending on rain. Will that be okay? I did a search and people are all over the map on whether clethodim has a long residual. I wanted to see if any of you have any experience. I’ll be throwing cereals with other stuff, so they’re definitely in the grass family.

Planning to spray some clethodim on Saturday and then t&m 3 weeks or so later depending on rain. Will that be okay? I did a search and people are all over the map on whether clethodim has a long residual. I wanted to see if any of you have any experience. I’ll be throwing cereals with other stuff, so they’re definitely in the grass family.

Shouldn’t have any problem with doing that. I sprayed clethodim 3” weeks before drilling wheat and oats last Saturday and I checked mine today and they were 3”-4” tall today. I’d say go for it.

Sprayed mid August and broadcasted September 2nd and 3rd. Decent moisture in the forecast.

223449894e4283383e9e80f6b46b2c1d.jpg

028689300f8ce30c74bb749326afe819.jpg

95ba8d66e9569f1e6cc600f6443a6834.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bit of a dilemma. I sprayed plots about a month ago, we were still pretty dry down here. I planted brassica/clover mix around labor day with a little moisture in the forecast. After the rains, I had quite a bit weeds growing in my plots. I planted Elbon Rye a few weeks after the brassica mix and got a little rain, but not much. I can't really tell if I've got much rye popping up yet. I have a feeling I'm going to need to overseed the rye again next time rain i in the forecast. I figure I've got 2-3 weeks until I run out of time.
My question is what to do about the weeds? Some plots have more of the brassica/clover mix growing than others and looks to be off to a decent start. Should I try to treat the weeds or just overseed pretty heavy with Elbon Rye when and if we get some rain?

I have a bit of a dilemma. I sprayed plots about a month ago, we were still pretty dry down here. I planted brassica/clover mix around labor day with a little moisture in the forecast. After the rains, I had quite a bit weeds growing in my plots. I planted Elbon Rye a few weeks after the brassica mix and got a little rain, but not much. I can't really tell if I've got much rye popping up yet. I have a feeling I'm going to need to overseed the rye again next time rain i in the forecast. I figure I've got 2-3 weeks until I run out of time.
My question is what to do about the weeds? Some plots have more of the brassica/clover mix growing than others and looks to be off to a decent start. Should I try to treat the weeds or just overseed pretty heavy with Elbon Rye when and if we get some rain?
There's isn't anything you can spray to deal with weeds in that mix. You could spray the grasses with clethodim, but beware your grains are technically grasses. I wouldn't spray, unless the weeds are terrible.

Cleth was what I was thinking. I think it’s just too early to know if the grains germinated.

I’ll probably wait and see how things look over the next 2 weeks. We got very little chance of rain in the next two weeks, hopefully that will change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First post! Has anyone read Deer Food Plots the simple way by Matt Morse? I’m too old to do it any other way now (1940).What do you members think? Perhaps he is a forum member or reader?

First post! Has anyone read Deer Food Plots the simple way by Matt Morse? I’m too old to do it any other way now (1940).What do you members think? Perhaps he is a forum member or reader?
What's the short version of his system?

He has YouTube videos describing his method. It’s very simple and well thought out.

Back