The Land of Milk and Honey

There is already 150 acres or so with the balance being brome. Dad is keen to transition those upland brome fields to NWSG. We are working on fencing right now. A lot happening lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time trying a time-lapse. Dad and I burned the brome to get a good kill when it greens up. Pretty neat to see what the fire was doing. We don’t talk much when doing this . Just he and I reading the smoke and flame and reacting. We didn’t need any water or flappers. We just used the fire break and the fire itself for control. Just over 3 acres.

6337b43071854105227cf6d67d3c3f82.jpg

Have never seen him before, and probably never will again.

Lies…. . He came back.
891d6c1019e5fac81112ee994b083fee.jpg

Nice!! Always fun to get one on camera and then find a shed!

This one is strange. The trail camera is a rut picture. I never saw that deer again until the night he shed that antler. Now I clearly think he is a local, but he somehow escaped every camera I have….

This one is strange. The trail camera is a rut picture. I never saw that deer again until the night he shed that antler. Now I clearly think he is a local, but he somehow escaped every camera I have….

I often see bucks in my yard plots that don't get their pic taken. Somehow they avoid my camera's like crazy. Hope you get a chance at this one!

The old man found the match a mile North of the first shed and three weeks later. Apparently the neighbors had a picture of him a mile South of our house with only the right side meaning at one point he was two miles from his left shed with the right one on his head. No wonder I can't seem to match up too many of the bucks I find! o_O
IMG_0600.jpg

We are burning our pasture and the neighbors today. ~250 acres in total today. Hopefully it all goes well and I have pics to share.

120 yards behind the house. If only it were rifle season.
9f8c3b7b0d3a92c3d8ae016e2053af96.jpg

Quite the surprise yesterday... I was under the impression that this deer was dead as I whined about in a previous post. The outfitter next door had a hunter who claimed to have shot him and we were never able to turn him up. Coincidentally at the same time he quit showing up on any of my cameras. I found his right antler and the funny unicorn spike from his left side laying on top of each other about a mile from where we are. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to find that. 2 of his 4 antlers are now accounted for. I have so many questions now.....
IMG_0798.jpg

We haven’t seen much burning down this way yet. I’m assuming the drought has something to do with that.

Back