The Farm - Madison County, GA

Took a picture this morning of my durana plot from out of my stand. Thought it was pretty. Was real foggy this morning. Hate autumn in the south.

My Plot 11-3-17.JPG

Also had a first today. In fifteen years of owning the place this is the first time I've ever seen these from a stand.

Turkeys 11-3-17.JPG

Here's one more picture of my durana plot yesterday when the sun was shining. Loved the blue sky.

My Plot 11-2-17.JPG

This sure 'nuff stone-cold killer, also known as my daughter, got it done this morning. This is her second in her last two hunts (she only gets to go about once a year). I have never seen someone so methodical and calm in their shooting at live deer. I can't even hold it together as good---even on a doe.

Lauren's Doe 11-22-17.JPG

You have done a super job LLC. Your daughter's confidence and smile and the deer and the sunlight shining through a perfect deer cover, all combined is just plain a surreal image. Congratulations to you and your daughter on creating and sharing such a great moment. Methodical and calm during the storm doesn't describe many of us.

I missed a 150's 5x4 tonight at 200 yards. To say I wasn't calm and methodical would be an understatement. Did EVERYTHING exactly right except the shot. I saw him chasing does yesterday morning and yesterday evening. Told my buddy I was going over there this afternoon and was gonna kill that dude. Told him if he heard me shoot he could count on that buck being dead. Well he followed his love interest into my plot about 4:00 and I rushed it and shot right over his back.

Good part is he had broken his G1. That would have bothered me every time I looked at his mount. Maybe he'll make it through and I'll get him next year before he breaks it again.

This one picture of him is from Halloween. Doesn't do him justice though. Believe me, but you can see the G1 missing. Got another one of him in the same plot this past Sunday but it's too blurry.

9 pt 10-31-17.JPG

He is a real beauty. A clean miss is good for the deer and even for us; I'd bet it is lights out for the next deer you shoot at and the next and the next for many deer again.

Wanted to show y'all this. This is the same picture as in my post #4. This is the same buck as the one in post 177 above which is the buck I missed last Saturday afternoon. Walking around today I stumbled upon his badly nibbled left shed from two years ago. Sucker hasn't changed his rack one bit--except gotten MUCH larger. The one thing all this tells me is he is a home boy and is around there somewhere all the time.
9 pt 8-11-16.JPG

Back