Sheds yet?

Went out and fought the deep snow yesterday. I got skunked but my friend found a nice set of whitetail antlers and a dink moose paddle.View attachment 6255 View attachment 6256
Glad you are on here Slag. I was thinking the other day of missing your west coasts posts. They were always cool. Nice sheds.
I only downhill ski anymore and haven't crosscountry skiied for a good while. Are those the new shape of XC skis that short?? If so, big change from the long skinnies I used to have.

I still haven't found a single shed yet - and I have been looking! I was traveling along I-57 Thursday in southern IL - between Cario and Marion and saw a younger buck still holding both sides while he fed in a field just off the interstate!

Not sure about the skis. They belong to my friend that i was shed hunting with. See, id been up in the area about a week before and the snow was so frozen i was walking right on top of it. So this trip i didnt bring snowshoes or anything, and turned out the snow had softened up a lot. So while he was skating on top with his skis, i was sinking in to my knees every step.

Right now im going to get my wisdom teeth pulled, so ill be layed up for a couple days probably, but then im going to go into this area that i found this spring. Tons of moose. Went in december to check this cam and look for early sheds but saw a big bull still packing so i left. file-8.jpg file-8.jpg

Looked my place over trying to find sheds last wk with no luck. Then as I pulled into house last night stood nice 3 yo 8 pt still sporting rack. Latest I've seen here I think holding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use trail cams to determine when to look for sheds...last year the deer held until late march. This year they all shed by mid February...

We have a ton of deer still holding here in East Central Illinois. Saw a couple bucks two days ago still holding both sides. I think maybe the mild winter had some influence.

Found this one early - then couldn't find any in FEB - then got 3ft+ snow in MARCH. Haven't looked on our property yet - hope to start next week.

image2_zpszp3o5naj.jpg

Haven't found a thing yet in southwest VA. Could yall take this survey for me? hunters can only take it and it is for a class project. I need as many responses as possible.

Removed by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't found a thing yet in southwest VA. Could yall take this survey for me? hunters can only take it and it is for a class project. I need as many responses as possible.

Removed by moderator.
Jack being as this is your first post it might be a good idea for you to introduce yourself in our intro thread and perhaps describe what you are doing with the survey and some info about it. I removed the link from your thread because we consider such hings as spam but I did look the survey over...

Saw 2 bucks holding both sides in S MI yesterday. Yeash. Might have to shed hunt in June this year !

Back