Scott's projects

We've had enough rain here for awhile, 6+ inches here in the last week, major flooding.

Took a quad ride today to check things out, pretty soggy but not too bad. MG planted in a switch screen 3 yrs ago, I just planted them with no prep not doing too bad.

Hinge cut Ash trees are lasting a lot longer than I thought they would and sprouting new. I cut some trees off at about 18" hoping they would bush out, they still might but for now they are food.

Took a quad ride today and took some pics.

Not much for cover after the fall rains but I like big blue.

GsAVkFK.jpg

Southlow switch grass

kUUXZag.jpg

3gQRPmT.jpg

Cave in Rock switch.

9b5S7tJ.jpg

Switch grass screen with some MG on the left back.

Lbkeprv.jpg

VyDclL8.jpg

Big ole apple tree out in the middle of our hay field that is loaded again this year.

zk86Ofx.jpg

4Zk9bV1.jpg

0soryWN.jpg

Some trail cam pics.

1y78thU.jpg

sSf8j4R.jpg

TXR7DA2.jpg

We have this old apple tree in our hay field that I never really paid much attention to until this year. I was talking to a guy at work and he said it looked like a "Transparent" and that his parents have one in their yard and it's dropping now too. This tree is being used right now night and day, just a few pics form the last little bit.

zk86Ofx.jpg

4Zk9bV1.jpg

9asf1uC.jpg

G2Y0ncH.jpg

VExhPnG.jpg

bW3Wo0s.jpg

hot4wEF.jpg

Probably 1/2 - 3/4 of the apples are off this tree now, still using it pretty regularly.

Good place for inventory.

N4MQnzu.jpg

Looks like deer aren't the only thing that likes apples, quite a few pics of the yotes and deer close on the times. Should start some preditor patrol soon.

A2yGRnr.jpg

SwmVFKy.jpg

A few pics from the last little bit.

Built a raised platform for a Maverick blind and set it out over a foodplot behind the house.

mtmssEG.jpg

rDOv9h2.jpg

Pq68T4q.jpg

ltZXZEo.jpg

Putting up the new blind didn't seem to bother the deer any, this camera is only a couple feet from the new blind.

GR0IUwz.jpg

KKKSWGg.jpg

LC cereal grains planted a couple weeks apart

qIxgVrc.jpg

aYrZ1Vy.jpg

MG doing it's job screening from the ag field which is soys this year and they should be taken off soon.

CCOJisr.jpg

The 10th was my first time out in the stand, I pulled cards before getting in the tree. After pulling this card I walked to the right and pulled another card and was just getting up in the treed when I heard crashing in the woods and a doe and fawn came running out along with these guys, so my first night and I'm not in the tree yet and I've seen the 2 bucks I wanted to check out just not the speed they ran through the plot. Not sure what spooked them but they ran at me within 70yds.

rIHNIEh.jpg

14 min later

lPZSbSJ.jpg

This spring I continued to make the orchard on our place larger, I planted another 11 apple trees to bring the total to 25.

nB962hW.jpg

a7LzR0c.jpg

w6bFvJn.jpg

A couple years ago I took 3-4 acres of our hay field and started planting trees and shrubs, this spring I planted some oaks, chestnuts and dogwoods.

heMGi3Y.jpg

r6OQAK3.jpg

There is some bare spots in this switch field so I started planting MG in there to create some bedding.

Zxrhkha.jpg

71zX1aw.jpg

fMYoCiF.jpg

My rye and crimson from last fall is going to make good thatch when rolled down for the brassicas next month.

HljPCqd.jpg

Got the sorghum mix plot lightly disced and planted.

Ko6SExJ.jpg

Found some dunstan's at Walmart last week and picked 6 up.

pfu7H75.jpg

h1fppLL.jpg

We had a big old maple come down over the winter and some of it fell in the seasonal pond, I stuck a cam up and I am amazed at all the pics I've got deer, ducks, geese and juvenile bald eagles.

rPjBz7B.jpg

Vfk7Drj.jpg

jJR6TWd.jpg

Fqg8JBq.jpg

4egTzZd.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a couple Ibc totes so I could can water my trees, I hooked up a 12v pump and an old hose reel and it seems to work pretty good, all I need is to find a trailer and I'll be all set.

aPlJgZV.jpg

1Ocybj1.jpg

dtME2xQ.jpg

Made it out and mowed our orchard and the alfalfa/clover plots.

XJoONJ8.jpg

dEcPHdL.jpg

Going to have a few apples.

ZYwJ74j.jpg

14Is1lX.jpg

Did a throw and mow sorghum mix plot.

dGv8UZ1.jpg

Lk80dN8.jpg

7bMUMu0.jpg

The other sorghum mix plot is coming along ok.

ml9FkjR.jpg

BliZNQz.jpg

QXmIa1I.jpg

Some trail cam pics.

7B4Ooot.jpg

Rd8XzHD.jpg

Frnuhuh.jpg

QALTfFB.jpg

Back