SC Kansas

crabapples.jpg Ok I will try this a third time,here is my new irrigation system that mother nature made and a picture of a crabapple that looks more like cherries than crabappleswater.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed your crabapple picture...

It is really nice to get plenty of rain...unfortunately we haven't had any in a couple months :(

I figured you were half under water. I haven't watched to see what you are getting to the west of us, but north of us has been getting hammered. To be able to say we "only got 3in last night" means a lot. I bet the Arkansas is coming up quick!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That is the arkansas river,it's just moved through the timber to my bean field.It could be and may get worse.We had over 5 last night and it's been raining tonight for a couple hours.Thats the road we drove down west of my lean too.It's headed your way so you may get some rain tonight

Dang! I'm afraid it's going to get higher on ya. It was to us before I went to bed. Haven't been out yet to see how much we got but I know we didn't need much.
Good luck the next couple of days.

still coming up some out of 90 acres of beans I figure 50 are in waterwater2.jpg

Attachments

• water3.jpg
    water3.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 0
Did the river crest and stop rising on you? How much did you end up loosing in flood damage? Doesn't look like things will dry out for you this week...

milo head.jpg Water went down enough for me to get in and check on things.I only lost the camera that was in the timber,my neighbor lost 3 as the wat got about 6ft high in timber.First pick is one of a perfect milo head for deer.

Did notice something strange as I went by some 8 year old Burs that I planted,these great big things were hanging off them.These are the first of any quantity off any tree I plantedbur oak acorn.jpg

I am sorry to hear about your flooding issues. Hopefully it receded quick enough to not have ruined your plots. All the talk about drought ruining peoples plots, flooding is just as damaging if not more so.

Didnt really do alot to my plots other than pound the seed I just planted in the ground,those were 90 acres of ag beans but I think they are fine.Hoping to get a shower to was mud off

Amazing how you guys have gotten so much water north of us and we can't seem to get anything. I understand too much being a problem but we could sure use a little excess rain right now :(

What's amazing is that Buckdeer1 is only 30 minutes or so to the west of me, and almost always gets more rain than we do. My parents are 20 miles south and almost never get as much as we do. And the neighbor 3 miles north... usually gets more than we do.

Got some much needed mowing done tonight,will try to take daughter ML hunting tomorrow night since she will be home from college.northplot1.jpg

Back