R1 vs. R4 tires

My tractor came in today but they haven't got the R1 tires yet to swap out with yet.
ef3afc4454b1a1ca0609a82d22821a6f.jpg

b43644280013503a66c9d6cff5ec6588.jpg

Awesome. U will love it I’m sure. As for the kids pay attention as I’m sure u will. There was a grandkid not long ago riding that door came unlatched and he fell out w tractor going over him.
Are you having tires filled and flipped? I would suggest it. Makes much more stable if you have any slopes at all. I tried not to do when I got my last tractor and it was unreal the diff. I changed that quick.
I also always have them install rear lights. Don't use them often but sure handy at times. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome. U will love it I’m sure. As for the kids pay attention as I’m sure u will. There was a grandkid not long ago riding that door came unlatched and he fell out w tractor going over him.
Are you having tires filled and flipped? I would suggest it. Makes much more stable if you have any slopes at all. I tried not to do when I got my last tractor and it was unreal the diff. I changed that quick.
I also always have them install rear lights. Don't use them often but sure handy at times. Congrats

Yep, they filled and flipped the tires out to their widest placement. I asked them to do it but they said they always do that anyway when the tractor has a loader on it.

They said that filling these tires adds almost 500 pounds per tire so 1000 pounds to the tractor should be quite substantial.

They got the tires swapped out for me, now I just need to go and pick it up and decide if I want to go with the brush hog and the tiller or just the brush hog.

a295cbdf0816b097f4b50d103b27c51a.jpg
Now you are ready to do some serious pulling. My tractor with R4's spins bare spots in the grass when I'm pushing trees. My tractor with R1's, on the other hand, digs big holes when it starts pushing a tree.

I haven’t followed this whole thread but read some of it, I would get fluid in the rear tires if you haven’t. The reason I say fluid over weights is, fluid is cheaper. You’ll get fluid for $200-400 and weights are $1/lb. That tractor will take 600ish pounds of weight, where the fluid will give you approx. 800-1000lb. The draw back to fluid is, if you poke a hole in your tire, it can leak out and you will have to pay to get it pumped out, fixed and more out back in. I would love both on my tractor.

I haven’t followed this whole thread but read some of it, I would get fluid in the rear tires if you haven’t. The reason I say fluid over weights is, fluid is cheaper. You’ll get fluid for $200-400 and weights are $1/lb. That tractor will take 600ish pounds of weight, where the fluid will give you approx. 800-1000lb. The draw back to fluid is, if you poke a hole in your tire, it can leak out and you will have to pay to get it pumped out, fixed and more out back in. I would love both on my tractor.

Weight is important for heavy loader work or heavy pulling. But too much weight can tend to make a tractor feel a bit sluggish, less nimble, so I keep a little less weight on my bigger tractor and often put a heavier implement on the three point to push trees with the loader. I've been watching for one of those three point weight boxes at auctions. Of course, I'd want to buy it cheap.

This is why you will love those weighted R1 tires. I didn’t buy a tractor to dig ditches and fix roads but that is what they end up doing. Can’t see but I had to reclaim a filled in culvert and the hole is 3 feet deep. Once filled w thick sediment. If I ididnt have those tires id be going for help right now to pull me out. Well I did get stuck for a minute but the rear axle lock lever backed her out. Pickup truck load of mud was removed. This is why I said do the R 1. Enjoy your tractor.
441a57292f401f60669d6e45eba2bb7f.jpg

Back