One heck of a football game!

OkieKubota

Staff member
Patriots pulled it out with a huge comeback upset. They were so far behind in the 3rd quarter I figured it was all over but the stars aligned for them and they won it all in over time after tying it up at the end of the 4th quarter...

And I don't ever watch sports but I watched this one. Tom Brady has the most accurate passing game I have ever seen!

I was shocked that the patriots were being beaten so badly. They just had nothing going while the guys in red performed so flawlessly and were seemingly unstoppable. And then bingo the patriots spurred on by each others success one by one reached that in the zone pinnacle and just creamed those guys in Red. It was quite exciting to see it--1st one I've watched completely in five years.

Crazy game. I thought it was over. Not a huge Tom Brady fan but in my book he goes down as the best QB to ever play the game. They are a shady team with all the scandals but I will give it up the the Pats. Biggest choke since election day.

At Houston airport headed back to ATL. No words to describe that comeback. Basically sucked!

Last edited:
That was 2 totally different football games that just so happened to be actually in one game. Atlanta dominated the first half while NE struggled. The second half was just the opposite! Then NE won the flip for OT, they already had the momentum ......it was over. I was pulling for ATL just because they had never won it before, but NE obviously wanted it more in my opinion.

Fox streamed it live so I got to watch until the stream died at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Knowing that I was going to miss the comeback I tried the other feed and was able to watch the rest of the game in Mexican.

G

I watched it on Fox. I really don't care anything at all about Ball sports and only turned the game on at Half time to see if Ga Ga would go all political on us and the Pats looked like they were sunk. The Halftime show was good so I decided to watch the rest of the game and was just amazed at how they pulled off that upset!

Not a patriots fan but they deserved the win after pulling out from trailing 28-3, Belichick must have really tore into them during half time.

Was a great game. When you combine the greatest coach with arguably the greatest QB in the game crazy things can happen. The underrated thing you don't hear as much about is how well NE defense played in the second half. They allowed nothing after mid way through the 3rd quarter. Give your team decent field position with the best QB in the game (arguably) then good things will happen. Best Super Bowl game I have watched hands down.

I read that Belichick was calm and monotone during halftime. Just focused on the business required for each position. No panic, no fiery inspirational speeches. Just do your job gentlemen. When the players saw he wasn't alarmed it instilled confidence and the rest is history. I can't imagine such mental and emotional control.

I read that Belichick was calm and monotone during halftime. Just focused on the business required for each position. No panic, no fiery inspirational speeches. Just do your job gentlemen. When the players saw he wasn't alarmed it instilled confidence and the rest is history. I can't imagine such mental and emotional control.

ATL hurt themselves in that second half by not keeping the ball on the ground and running clock. That was the one advantage they had over NE. NE had struggled slowing their running game down but it seemed they got away from doing it in the second half and especially in the 4th quarter.

Superbowls are usually waste to watch but have to admit this one was amazing. Two different teams in each half. Poor time control by Falcons second half, Patriots stepped up to the plate. Give Brady time to throw, and you in deep chit. Real key was pinning Atlanta deep nearly everytime in second half. Field position/special teams won the game as much as anything. Whoever stole Brady's jersey is gonna make a pile of money one day on black market it they don't get caught.

Fox streamed it live so I got to watch until the stream died at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Knowing that I was going to miss the comeback I tried the other feed and was able to watch the rest of the game in Mexican.

G
Thanks for the laugh. :D

Jeffrey Riegel, 56, died last Friday. Before his death, the Port Republic, New Jersey, man promised friends a funny message in his obituary.
The longtime Eagles fan's obituary asked for Riegel "to have 8 Philadelphia Eagles as pall bearers so the Eagles can let him down one last time."

Back