Once In A Lifetime Quail Hunting Lease Opportunity in the Rolling Plains of Texas.

burrsinmyears

18,000 acres of prime quail hunting habitat. Comes with rustic ranch house lodging. Being offered for the first time in years to no more than 3 hunters/lessees.

This is an exclusive and rare offering on several levels:

-For a quail hunting lease it is expensive on an out-of-pocket basis ($12,000 per lessee per hunting season), but is very cheap on a “cost per acre” and “number of hunters per acre” basis. I’ve leased this ranch for just $2 per acre when the going rate for property like this (if you can find it) with lodging, is more like $4 to $6 per acre. The reason it’s expensive on an out-of-pocket basis is that we are limiting this opportunity to 3 hunters while most ranches with 18,000 are leasing to a dozen or more lessees. All and all, our approach should lead to exemplary hunting for lessees and their guests, assuming that the Rolling Plains gets the moisture levels that NOAA is predicting this year.

-I’m not marking up the price to sub-leases and they will be covering just my costs. I’m not looking to make a profit. Just looking to have an exceptional hunting lease with three exceptional hunters.

-I am a retired hunting, fishing, and equine magazine and book publisher who has hunted birds all over the nation. I’ve spent countless hours and dollars over a three year period trying to find a ranch to lease of this quaility. I considered and rejected more than a dozen other leases during this time. This is the only ranch I saw that met my criteria - a ranch with a hunting habitat that promises to be the best quality ranch I’ve ever hunted or will likely hunt in the future.

-Gently rolling terrain with lots of broom-weed, Western rag-weed, native grass clumps, and annual forbs. Good cover for quail throughout the property with many woody thickets to provide hiding places from predators. More filigree this year on the ranch than the rancher has ever seen.

-Good access in and out of ranch on paved and gravel county roads that are passable with two wheel drive vehicles even after heavy rains.

-Many two-track roads provide easy access to all of the ranch for hunting.

-Rancher has managed the ranch for 35 years and is conservation minded, does not overgraze cattle, and consequently offers great habitat for quail hunters.

-Rustic 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch house (two beds in each room) with kitchen and living/dining room for hunter’s use. 11 fenced dog kennels. Turn out pens for dogs.

-One guest per lessee per hunting day is guaranteed on any day during the season, without any requirement for reservations or approval. If one of the other lessees will not be on the property, you could be allowed three guests . When both other lessees are not on the property you’ll be allowed up to 5 guests. We are limiting the total number of hunters/lodgers to 6 on any given day. No blackout dates.

-Long term rainfall forecast just released from NOAA’s National Weather Service Climate Prediction Service for spring weather, which if accurate, is very encouraging for bird populations for the 2019-2020 season: Above normal precipitation is also favored from the central Rockies to the southern plains, across to the southwest, and northward along the east coast into the mid-Atlantic. This precipitation outlook is based largely on recent dynamical and statistical model output, historical precipitation trends, and to a small extent, the effects related to an El Nino.”

Back