Looking for a new Camo jacket/parka need some advice

RuppEight

I am currently looking to get a new hunting jacket for this year. I am looking for something that is wind proof, rain proof and has some warmth(must haves for hunting north east Kansas). I certainly don't mind layering underneath for additional warmth. Along with those features I am just looking for something that is half way affordable.
I have searched a few different jackets on cabelas, midway usa and rogers sporting goods which all have some good options with pretty solid feedback. The only issue there is that I trust the guys/gals on this site more than I do on random online reviews.
Any feedback on this topic would be great! Thanks in advance!

I know you said you were looking for a jacket for this season but I have always found the best deals on hunting clothing to be after the season closes. As for my recommendation I have a cabelas 4 in 1 parka that I really like. It has a removable liner so you can wear it in warmer weather And it is water proof as well. It has a nice big hood to for when its cold windy or rainy. Just my 2 cents. They also have matching bibs too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Lost Arrow, I appreciate the feed back. You are absolutely correct on waiting until after season which I could certainly do in order to get a much better deal. My current gear has done just fine the past few seasons although I do get a bit wet in rain or snow if it last for too long. My current gear is water repellent but not water proof.
The cabelas 4 in 1 parka is one that I have on my list. I may just wait until after season to make a purchase as this is more of a WANT for those cold and wet long sits.

Lost Arrow, I appreciate the feed back. You are absolutely correct on waiting until after season which I could certainly do in order to get a much better deal. My current gear has done just fine the past few seasons although I do get a bit wet in rain or snow if it last for too long. My current gear is water repellent but not water proof.
The cabelas 4 in 1 parka is one that I have on my list. I may just wait until after season to make a purchase as this is more of a WANT for those cold and wet long sits.
I don't blame you to have for having a new jacket or your want list having the right gear can make all the difference in enjoying the hunt.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That deal that scent blocker is running right now is a heck of a deal if in the market for new hunting clothes. I priced out new Jacket and pants after the 50% discount I think total bill came to $208.00

Not sure how much you need the waterproof part, but if you could live without that.....I would look at the Cabelas Wooltimate Parka.

Check out the KUIU jackets from www.kuiu.com. My son started wearing this stuff about 5 years ago before I'd ever heard of it. Both my sons leave for CO this week for a DIY elk bowhunt. This is Brooks 8th year going out and Dustin's 3rd. They pack in and hunt at and above tree line so temps, even this time of year get pretty chilly. Loves his KUIU stuff. They sell direct and it's a bit pricey for my taste since we don't get extreme temps down south. But, for windy, high mountain hunting, cold hunting he swears by it. Cool pattern on the camo to boot.

It doesn't seem to be the trendiest camo. But I really like natural gear camouflage. Have several of their jackets and the heavy parka. Been very happy with them.

Blizzard Ridge, thanks for the scent blocker deal. I was t aware that they had that going on. Just got done ordering the outfitter suit and from everything I researched it sounds like I'll be happy. I also threw in some scent spray and insect repellent. My total went from $455 to $227 after entering wedo50. Free shipping as well. I'm excited to get the new gear!

Blizzard Ridge, thanks for the scent blocker deal. I was t aware that they had that going on. Just got done ordering the outfitter suit and from everything I researched it sounds like I'll be happy. I also threw in some scent spray and insect repellent. My total went from $455 to $227 after entering wedo50. Free shipping as well. I'm excited to get the new gear!

I am glad that worked out for you. If I could afford it I would have some new stuff too. It is a great deal for sure. I have a UA jacket that I plan on replacing as soon as I can afford to do it. Hopefully before the deal goes away.

It doesn't seem to be the trendiest camo. But I really like natural gear camouflage. Have several of their jackets and the heavy parka. Been very happy with them.

The winterceptor fleece is awesome stuff. Virtually eliminates the wind and has good water resistance. Won't keep you dry in a flat out rain but holds up very well in drizzle or snow. Also by far the least expensive cold weather gear I know of anywhere.

Check out Camofire.com. They run some good deals on stuff. The deals change through out the day so you have to watch the site.

Back