Live from the stand 2016!

Always feels like home when I can spend a cool damp afternoon at the boomerang field in Bull pen.
View attachment 4946
View attachment 4948
Some have talked about seasons ending but i am just getting started. A little sign of hogs so i hope a porker shows before dark
I like boomerang field. Looks like the kind of spot a person could set for hours expecting a wide 10 to round the corner at any moment.

patience......as I sit here tapping my fingers on my desk......lol

Can't wait to see it!!!!

Sorry it took so long. He's a main frame 10 with split brows on the rt side and a quad split on the left. One crazy brow goes across his forehead. He has pretty good mass throughout, but you can't get your hand around the left base :) Had him on camera on October 23rd, but never saw him again. I had no idea he had all the splits, but knew he had a crazy brow. Pretty happy I passed the big 8 last week!

deer - Copy.jpg

blank - Copy.jpg

Thanks Mitch! The wife had just threatened me that if I didn't shoot a buck today, then it was doe time. She wasn't joking either; she likes her venison :)
That's really funny!!! Our wives must have attended the same meeting because mine said the very same thing to me!!!

Cold, nasty, windy. Nothing moved until mid day and late evening. Seen 14 does, couple no shooter bucks. Saw Bucks chasing a little second rut. Found couple hot scrapes and thigh size rubs but got feeling not moving day time. Heard no shots all day, felt I was all alone. ML season. High of 20 and 20 mph winds tomorrow. Kahoonas gonna be shrunk up. Pray for sunshine.

Cold, nasty, windy. Nothing moved until mid day and late evening. Seen 14 does, couple no shooter bucks. Saw Bucks chasing a little second rut. Found couple hot scrapes and thigh size rubs but got feeling not moving day time. Heard no shots all day, felt I was all alone. ML season. High of 20 and 20 mph winds tomorrow. Kahoonas gonna be shrunk up. Pray for sunshine.
Good luck dogghr - I am hoping to hear less shots tomorrow while I am bowhunting since I hope the poachers have given up because all of the easy big deer are gone... We are supposed to have some wind up to 35 MPH tomorrow but I think our high will be somewhere in the upper 30's...

Finally back out in the stand. Beautiful morning. 30° and calm. I'm hunting with a buddy on his place and already had 5 does come by me. They sounded like a herd of cattle coming through the frost covered leaves.
29ec6987a02d4cc941f2611e94ee4e04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back