Live from the stand 2016!

Great story and a great deer. You did good getting her out in the woods and spending quality time together. Those will be great memories for you both, tell that girl congrats and nice shot. She earned that one with out a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats again to your daughter! That's the way to stick it out! Looks like that old buck was rutted plum out!

Last 4 days of rifle season here in Oklahoma. Had an interesting encounter with a big buck before daylight as I was trying to creep silently through the woods to my stand in the middle of our 80. I was easing along and mere yards from my stand when I heard a single deer walking to my right going away from me and not spooked. I stood for a minute and listened to the footsteps move away and then started easing along again and the deer turned and walked right to me. The buck got to within 10 feet and I figured that was close enough so I turned my red lense hat light on and big rack and eyeballs were right in my face...he bounded about 20 yards, snorted, and then ran to my south and west. I was kind of concerned when he walked seemingly unafraid right to me.

I got in my stand and heard numerous other deer walking in the leaves in the creek bottom but before shooting light all were gone. Between 7:30 and 8:30 I constantly had does and fawns in sight seeing 11 total.

21 and calm when I got out here and now I have a breeze from the east. 8:56 am here now...

6 more for a total of 19 in the middle of the woods on our 80...they have come from every direction...

May need to take a doe or 2 with our bows...
At least your seeing movement. Hang in there, like I tell my daughter, It can happen at any moment.

Couldn't hunt where I'd planned, wind wrong. So hunting the stand where grandson tagged his 8.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Wind is all over the place here. No matter where I go it will be wrong... Blowing every direction except north...

Seen 9 doe & yearlings and two decent 8pts this pm, no shooters hunting the next 3 days. I'd be pleased to tag a good buck but I've had a good season either way.

Per cameras, second rut is just beginning to get underway here. New bucks and minor chasing starting again.

Got a funny pic of a new buck I had never seen before. Apparently had never seen a trail camera. It was black flash but when it got him he was looking right at it and must have sensed something. Took off like a gun had fired.

Anyone in the woods today?
I'm at school and just stepped outside for a second. Minimal wind. Cool. Front approaching. Ughhhhhhhh. Why am I here today and not in my tree!!!!??!?!?!????

I am in the woods. Deer lease today due to wind direction. Got a behemoth 7 point using this ridge I am on. I am right next to his bedding area so hopefully he will wiggle his nose or something before dark! This is the only location I have had a daylight picture of him...

48dc095b35cb505f484a287505bbb612.jpg

I am in the woods. Deer lease today due to wind direction. Got a behemoth 7 point using this ridge I am on. I am right next to his bedding area so hopefully he will wiggle his nose or something before dark! This is the only location I have had a daylight picture of him...

That dude is wide, nice buck.

Anyone in the woods today?
I'm at school and just stepped outside for a second. Minimal wind. Cool. Front approaching. Ughhhhhhhh. Why am I here today and not in my tree!!!!??!?!?!????
I'm out, slow morning as usual here. Afternoon's always have more sightings.

Goodness. Get him!!!!!!!!!! It's the magic hour right now!!!!!

Back