IL Reporting Requirements

randomguy

Hey everyone:

Another first timer question here. Assuming that I can bring down a deer this season, what information does the state require for reporting? I asked the CO at my safety course and didn't really get a straight answer, so I'm assuming he didn't know.....

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

If it is like other states, it will be:

Hunting License Number
Your Name
County of Harvest
Time of Day
Sex
Number of Points
Weapon

maybe the weight

If you are a land owner, the will want Map and Parcel # along with most everything else.

They do I believe ask the number of points as well as the measurement from the back of the nostril to the front of the eye in mm. This is also reported for anterless deer. They dont ask for weight.

Starts with county; public or private land; weapon; did you see any feral hogs, bobcats or turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for your posts guys. I actually found the reporting info on the back of my permit(s). I'll shoot a picture and post it tomorrow just for reference.

a556b5e463774b857240f607cd536e98.jpg

Here's the back of the Illinois permit.....

So along these lines, for the part where it asks if your deer was a fawn this year, or an adult.... If it's a button buck, that's fairly obvious. If it's a doe, and there are spots, OK, it's a fawn. If it's a doe without spots, what's the most obvious feature for a first timer to use to age her?

So along these lines, for the part where it asks if your deer was a fawn this year, or an adult.... If it's a button buck, that's fairly obvious. If it's a doe, and there are spots, OK, it's a fawn. If it's a doe without spots, what's the most obvious feature for a first timer to use to age her?
Size. Small head, small body.

Back