House and Habitat build thread:

I plant pumpkin patches within my large destination plots around all of the blinds. Deer love pumpkins and butternut squash, and don't seem to bother the vines too much, at least not yet. Only my second season doing it, but it's been a great success. I know you are looking for more plot options...
I've been planting pumpkins for quite a few years (for personal use, but they always end up in a plot after Halloween). They ate some last year and are on track to eating all of them this year. They usually rot though. My biggest problem growing them is bugs. Squash bugs tend to kill the vines if I don't spray every week.

I plant pumpkin patches within my large destination plots around all of the blinds. Deer love pumpkins and butternut squash, and don't seem to bother the vines too much, at least not yet. Only my second season doing it, but it's been a great success. I know you are looking for more plot options...
Interesting! Swat when do they attack the pumpkins and the squash?

They started this year around mid September. They hit them till they're gone. I've only done them 2 years, and both years were drought conditions for most of the growing season. It started raining around labor day and didn't stop. The pumpkins started exploding, but many didn't get ripe (orange). They actually seem to like the green ones better. First year for butternut squash. They were hitting the pumpkins before the squash, but have started on the squash as they are getting soft. They ate every one last year, not a single volunteer plant.

That's pretty impressive. Here I was thinking that you had a dedicated zoom camera!
I wish, but damn those things are expensive! All but one of those videos are just me being close to the animals. The one of the "mane" buck was from the kitchen with the phone held up to a spotting scope. A dedicated zoom camera would be awesome to have in the house.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed the videos. Like one other, I thought you had a zoom camera :). It’s awesome you got that close.

I have a nice camera but usually don’t take it when hunting solo. Planning to take it along more next year.

A nikon Coolpix P900 or 1000 would be awesome. It would be a blast to have a 3000mm lens for those shots across the pasture. Nice job using the phone with the spotting scope. That's tough to do.

I really enjoyed the videos. Like one other, I thought you had a zoom camera :). It’s awesome you got that close.

I have a nice camera but usually don’t take it when hunting solo. Planning to take it along more next year.
Thank you. I mostly bowhunt from the ground nowadays and have gotten decent at being somewhat close. I wouldn't take a real camera with me, to big and clumsy. I would use one at the house like crazy though.

A nikon Coolpix P900 or 1000 would be awesome. It would be a blast to have a 3000mm lens for those shots across the pasture. Nice job using the phone with the spotting scope. That's tough to do.
Had to look it up, that's one serious camera! I bet I could get some amazing velvet pics with that thing!

I've had the privilege of viewing most of this on another forum, but it's time for an update!:D

I've had the privilege of viewing most of this on another forum, but it's time for an update!:D
Tapatalk kicking me off of downloading photos combined with the inability to post photos from a phone hurt my posting on this site...

Tapatalk kicking me off of downloading photos combined with the inability to post photos from a phone hurt my posting on this site...

Yeah, I can only upload from my computer, and I have to screen shot the pics for it to work. That means only loading pics from the office. Did you hit some kind of limit on tapatalk? I've never used them.

Yeah, I can only upload from my computer, and I have to screen shot the pics for it to work. That means only loading pics from the office. Did you hit some kind of limit on tapatalk? I've never used them.
Yes, I hit a limit then they wanted me to pay them monthly for the ability to post pics. To me it's a bait and switch practice. I'm not paying them. Funny thing is if they would have charged me up front in the beginning I would have gladly paid their fee. It's not expensive, I just don't like the "free until..." practice.

I wish I could figure out how to use the sites uploading features. I've tried several different times but never get it to actually work.

Yes, I hit a limit then they wanted me to pay them monthly for the ability to post pics. To me it's a bait and switch practice. I'm not paying them. Funny thing is if they would have charged me up front in the beginning I would have gladly paid their fee. It's not expensive, I just don't like the "free until..." practice.

I wish I could figure out how to use the sites uploading features. I've tried several different times but never get it to actually work.

If your phone will screen shot and then save the picture in a different file, try to upload one of those. That's what I had to do with my computer with pics taken by my phone. I'm sure you could do it with a computer, but I'm not sure about a phone. I just use the "upload a file" tab after doing that and select the screen shot, instead of the regular photo.

If your phone will screen shot and then save the picture in a different file, try to upload one of those. That's what I had to do with my computer with pics taken by my phone. I'm sure you could do it with a computer, but I'm not sure about a phone. I just use the "upload a file" tab after doing that and select the screen shot, instead of the regular photo.
I just tried it with a screenshot, a regular pic, and once with my tongue out like a Jordan dunk... nope, the site just doesn't like me posting for whatever reason. The other forums I frequent have no problems with downloading my pics.

I just tried it with a screenshot, a regular pic, and once with my tongue out like a Jordan dunk... nope, the site just doesn't like me posting for whatever reason. The other forums I frequent have no problems with downloading my pics.

Bummer...

We are talking about upgrading the site as we speak. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade without losing all the current photos. Talk about a tough decision.

For the record, I use the Deer Hunter Forum app on my phone to upload pics. Unfortunately they have to be 1000 kB or less, despite the fact that I have it set to 10x that. Aggravating.

Back