House and Habitat build thread:

Got the fall plots in today. I sprayed several weeks ago and the vegetation has since fallen over. I like to broadcast while it's still standing and just let it fall over to create thatch, but hot dry weather kept seed in the shop and not on the ground. Weather forecast is perfect now though.

Predictably lots of seed stayed on top after broadcasting so I ran my mower over to shake things down. It worked really well! Hopefully germination is good. I went heavy with rates...
9f85b5d036a7d86516092e876c098962.jpg
75abfd1a8960a5de2cd0b751339f928c.jpg
150e3d2691630464eb69c6dfd779bf2b.jpg
a1ed31123cf461849f84dc57a781ab87.jpg
d5c8c1e705bd6ef17652d7cd9dbae235.jpg
23c2571c316e288bdf43eba888e1bbf0.jpg
edd36c734f43c9326a36d8ba7370c9ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Milo in the fence vs outside the fence....

Beans are going to make seeds. Always a fear of empty pods if not enough moisture.
c2a42d32c2f6d8e5f74916a77b8a4d34.jpg
8b746546311c10c4bad35145da45fbfc.jpg
c5f7dbc3334b6412c355271805afe7ac.jpg
84665019031032c1ef315466acc29893.jpg

We threw the pumpkins out in a pile. In years past they just sit there and rotted, this year the deer are vacuuming them up. Every evening for a week has had deer standing in the pile with orange pumpkin rinds flopping around their faces. Don't know if they have much nutritional value but they are getting eaten.

A couple of short video's of my little finger shooter launching some arrows. Not enough energy or chance of hitting anything so it's just fun practice. When he is shooting at deer for real it's never more than a 15yd shot and he is still using a crossbow for actual hunting, but it won't be long before he's ready (strength) to shoot a vertical.

I didn't get an early start to hunting so my season has been 100% in November (which is my favorite time to hunt anyway). Been a great season! Here is a video history of this year's hunt. Video's are almost all pretty short.

This season has had me see things I've never seen before:
In this case I'm pretty sure this buck doesn't need a doe!

I think this was an antlered doe. I've never had a deer mounted, been waiting on something really big or really special... in retrospect I really wish I would have shot her and had a shoulder mount done.

This wasn't exactly a first (getting busted by a buck who showed up in an unexpected place), but I think he may have been blind in one eye. Hard to tell from the video but one side of his face was weird... either deformed or matted down weird. Seen him on the same morning that I saw the antlered doe.

And finally a buck and two does... not too uncommon but they were bedded in the ditch of the highway across from my driveway. Full on laying down and bedded right next to the highway. The buck was in our yard at noon the day before. He is one that I hope makes it another year or two.

Very nice,I can remember years ago when I worked at taxidermy shop I skinned out a really big doe with antlers,Think it was in NA whitetail
I've been bow hunting for 30+ years and never seen anything like it on the hoof. Would have been a neat mount!

Enjoyed the views, lots of action so far. The buck by the highway was nice, they all were. Liked how he jumped the fence so effortlessly.

And finally a buck and two does... not too uncommon but they were bedded in the ditch of the highway across from my driveway. Full on laying down and bedded right next to the highway. The buck was in our yard at noon the day before. He is one that I hope makes it another year or two.
I hear they run those “Patricia’s” adds up there too...

We threw the pumpkins out in a pile. In years past they just sit there and rotted, this year the deer are vacuuming them up. Every evening for a week has had deer standing in the pile with orange pumpkin rinds flopping around their faces. Don't know if they have much nutritional value but they are getting eaten.

I plant pumpkin patches within my large destination plots around all of the blinds. Deer love pumpkins and butternut squash, and don't seem to bother the vines too much, at least not yet. Only my second season doing it, but it's been a great success. I know you are looking for more plot options...

Back