House and Habitat build thread:

Here she is; 68 Olds 442. Kind of a rarity in that it's a factory AC and Automatic car. It's kind of a mess, but it always is because... well because I drive it in the pasture. Now here is the cool part. While it isn't a Hurst car it's the same thing as one. In 68 Hurst put a 455 out of a Toronado into the smaller bodied 442 to make his factory hotrod. The 455 came from the factory with 10.25:1 compression and high flow "C" cast heads. A few yrs ago I found a Toronado that had that exact engine in it and swapped it in. It's even numbers correct (even though it isn't a real Hurst) so it's just like driving that piece of history.
d3dbb6f1b572ece3faf9dac1f61f780c.jpg
26ff8b29441e5aca64916d71ced372fd.jpg
22a85e5a9a41806a4d2095f6984eb6ab.jpg
84d3f4c19ddb9dc6dc9fa23f6f3fc6f1.jpg

If you like the Olds you might also like my truck. It's a 55...
f7d867fc6750ade584d8995480483358.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Been thinking of trying to trade it for a newer Vette or Porsche or something (that's more friendly for the wife to drive) but it's hard to let loose of the old iron. It will always be a classic, not sure I can say the same for the new stuff.

Been thinking of trying to trade it for a newer Vette or Porsche or something (that's more friendly for the wife to drive) but it's hard to let loose of the old iron. It will always be a classic, not sure I can say the same for the new stuff.

c7b881b641f43331470f414fc905c1ae.jpg
8a929eebfb2cbf5edd436c73501d7061.jpg
my vote would be to keep the old stuff, but I’m kinda partial to the old iron my self. This one is my favorite. It’s my 65 satilite. Your hard core I’ll have to say. I thought I ran the wheels of off mine but you have proof that you use yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEEP THE OLD STUFF!!!!!! I don't have any pictures of my "dream in waiting" - but I have a 67 GTO convertible that needs a lot of TLC I just have not been able to muster over the past 20 years....maybe sometime in the next 20.

my vote would be to keep the old stuff, but I’m kinda partial to the old iron my self. This one is my favorite. It’s my 65 satilite. Your hard core I’ll have to say. I thought I ran the wheels of off mine but you have proof that you use yours.

I'm not the best Mopar guy....but that looks like an Elephant to me!!!!!

Wow! Is that a max wedge... 413 or 426? I'm definitely a Chrysler man. One of my dream cars is an Imperial, but I like your Satilite a lot. Hard to tell from the pics, what color is the interior?

KEEP THE OLD STUFF!!!!!! I don't have any pictures of my "dream in waiting" - but I have a 67 GTO convertible that needs a lot of TLC I just have not been able to muster over the past 20 years....maybe sometime in the next 20.

My first two cars were 65 GTO's. I have a fondness of them instilled by my dad (his favorite car of the MANY he had was either his goat or his Fairlane). Better get to work on it J or you will run out of time. That's the draw to newer stuff is less work, better brakes, good AC, defrost, seatbelts, etc. Find a pic, I like to look at projects!

Wow! Is that a max wedge... 413 or 426? I'm definitely a Chrysler man. One of my dream cars is an Imperial, but I like your Satilite a lot. Hard to tell from the pics, what color is the interior?

I cloned it into a 426 max wedge. It’s black interior with a 4 spd. I changed the rears from 391 to 323. Its very driver friendly. I usually get at 1500 miles a year on it.
6daecdbfebd56064f74817578a2149f6.jpg
. My dart is the first car I’ve ever owned. Have had it for over 32 years. It has ray Barton 528 B1 motor in it. I’m in the middle of switching it over to a stick now. Well it’s on hold till after hunting season.

My first two cars were 65 GTO's. I have a fondness of them instilled by my dad (his favorite car of the MANY he had was either his goat or his Fairlane). Better get to work on it J or you will run out of time. That's the draw to newer stuff is less work, better brakes, good AC, defrost, seatbelts, etc. Find a pic, I like to look at projects!
I'll see about getting it out in the sun sometime and knock the dust off of it. With kids and the like it just never seems to make it to the top of the list. To be honest I may end up trading it for a driver and just saying piss on it. When I bought it back in '98 my plan was to restore it and then sell, but I knew it had to have the proper bones to make that worth while. It's a true 242 GTO, originally silver in color with black interior and black rag top. The guy painted it that early 90's teal color. It's not bad, but when the time comes...it's going back to silver. Original 400 HiOutput optioned engine (360 hp) with the proper air cleaner, carb, heads and exhaust manifolds. TH400 auto with his/hers shifter, ralley gauges, PB, PS, ralley 2's. I had it documented thru PHS before I even bought it. Only non-correct thing mechanically is the 10 bolt 373 posi rear end in it. It sits in the garage as a monument to "plans" vs reality! The engine option and the convertible option combination makes it a fairly rare combination. If I recall the build sheet properly it was like $3,600 brand new!!!!

I cloned it into a 426 max wedge. It’s black interior with a 4 spd. I changed the rears from 391 to 323. Its very driver friendly. I usually get at 1500 miles a year on it.
6daecdbfebd56064f74817578a2149f6.jpg
. My dart is the first car I’ve ever owned. Have had it for over 32 years. It has ray Barton 528 B1 motor in it. I’m in the middle of switching it over to a stick now. Well it’s on hold till after hunting season.

Holy crap! Awesome.car.#2... is there a 3rd one? I'm seeing a trend with monster big blocks. You have two of the most bad ass big engines ever made. Really cool that you still have your first car. Still have mine also; 58 Chevy 2 door post. I think I've had it 32yrs also.

I'll see about getting it out in the sun sometime and knock the dust off of it. With kids and the like it just never seems to make it to the top of the list. To be honest I may end up trading it for a driver and just saying piss on it. When I bought it back in '98 my plan was to restore it and then sell, but I knew it had to have the proper bones to make that worth while. It's a true 242 GTO, originally silver in color with black interior and black rag top. The guy painted it that early 90's teal color. It's not bad, but when the time comes...it's going back to silver. Original 400 HiOutput optioned engine (360 hp) with the proper air cleaner, carb, heads and exhaust manifolds. TH400 auto with his/hers shifter, ralley gauges, PB, PS, ralley 2's. I had it documented thru PHS before I even bought it. Only non-correct thing mechanically is the 10 bolt 373 posi rear end in it. It sits in the garage as a monument to "plans" vs reality! The engine option and the convertible option combination makes it a fairly rare combination. If I recall the build sheet properly it was like $3,600 brand new!!!!
That is an amazing car J. Get your butt in gear and get it drivable. Fix it up right and it will be worth a mint, but would probably cost a mint too. Very cool car!

Holy crap! Awesome.car.#2... is there a 3rd one? I'm seeing a trend with monster big blocks. You have two of the most bad ass big engines ever made. Really cool that you still have your first car. Still have mine also; 58 Chevy 2 door post. I think I've had it 32yrs also.

f302a2435995df6588fa63ef721ff5ba.jpg
d0663ab06bcffaebdcbbbfc5940d0d97.jpg
#3 is a all steel all ford 35. 289 4 spd. It has an cool story behind it. Locale guy son bought it in 1960. Died in airplane crash in 64 airforce in Italy. He and other son decided to finish the car in 66. They had local ford garage install complete drive train from a wrecked 66 mustang. So back in the day they had hot rod with newest technology on it. They had last repainted it in 1980. Hardly drive it. I got it with 10k miles on restore. I’ve had it 7 years. Was gonna sell it this year but decided to keep it. May put a flat head in it.

f302a2435995df6588fa63ef721ff5ba.jpg
d0663ab06bcffaebdcbbbfc5940d0d97.jpg
#3 is a all steel all ford 35. 289 4 spd. It has an cool story behind it. Locale guy son bought it in 1960. Died in airplane crash in 64 airforce in Italy. He and other son decided to finish the car in 66. They had local ford garage install complete drive train from a wrecked 66 mustang. So back in the day they had hot rod with newest technology on it. They had last repainted it in 1980. Hardly drive it. I got it with 10k miles on restore. I’ve had it 7 years. Was gonna sell it this year but decided to keep it. May put a flat head in it.

Ha, I knew it! I'm almost afraid to ask... but there isn't a #4 is there? Wish you weren't so far away, we could trade cars or something. I really like the 35. When you say "flathead" are you talking about the fish or engine? :)

Well..... If i can find pictures on my PC since it crashed a few years back, I lost all my photos. I may be able to keep this conversation going a little longer. LOL

Well..... If i can find pictures on my PC since it crashed a few years back, I lost all my photos. I may be able to keep this conversation going a little longer. LOL
cant find any pics of the others. My wife has 09 black mustang GT/CS convertible she drives in summer, other is 04 jeep rubicon 6" lift 35" tires. and a few bikes

cant find any pics of the others. My wife has 09 black mustang GT/CS convertible she drives in summer, other is 04 jeep rubicon 6" lift 35" tires. and a few bikes

02fac356e7a47b647ab3aa6a1799ea22.jpg
the 57 is my dads. I worked on it all winter dong what was to be simple steering upgrade ended up being engine swap and complete front end rebuild. Put a damper on making new food plots but oh well. This pic was two weeks ago on way to car show in Elkins Wv

Ha, I knew it! I'm almost afraid to ask... but there isn't a #4 is there? Wish you weren't so far away, we could trade cars or something. I really like the 35. When you say "flathead" are you talking about the fish or engine? :)

Lol. Since were the same age it’s almost like we’re brothers from different mothers.

Lol. Since were the same age it’s almost like we’re brothers from different mothers.

Dude!!! I can't even tell you how impressed (and jealous) I am of your fleet! You have been very successful in collecting some of the coolest vehicles ever made. Props to ya and thanks for sharing.

Lol, I didn't even realize we were close to the same age until you posted how long you've had your first car. Got me thinking about how long I've had mine and it matched up. I bet it's a good thing we didn't live near each other in high school as it would have been sure to be trouble on the streets.

Back