Golf cart conversion

lassig

Well it didn't take long for QDMA's head up its ass bite me. Thinking of doing a golf cart conversion this winter and if I remember right deerlover had a great thread on this, but of course that is lost with the site shutdown or is it. Would anyone on here happen to have a copy of it?

What specifically are you wanting to know? I own a lifted golf cart but I bought it that way.

If I remember correctly, his thread talked a lot about upgrading the electric motors and such.

What specifically are you wanting to know? I own a lifted golf cart but I bought it that way.

If I remember correctly, his thread talked a lot about upgrading the electric motors and such.

Is yours gas or electric? What kind of power does it have? Any problems going up steep hills? What about with a load, would a 25gallon sprayer bog it down going up a hill?

Gator,

Thinking of building one over the winter and want to make sure I look for a cart that will lend itself to doing this. What I have seen so far is to focus on the EZGOs as they are aluminium frames. But really am a newbie here and want to make sure (if I build or buy built already) that I get one that will perform as a need. I need a cart that will perform on somewhat muddy flat terrain and short steep hills (ravines here in west central Illinois). Reverse is needed, high/low range, lift kit, range of 10 miles + on a charge. Just not sure of the features I need to focus on for my WC IL terrain so looking for input

Disclaimer (I don't have a cart and haven't built one yet). But, I've been looking at carts too and research is pointing towards getting a gas one. They are suppose to handle hills well, don't require charging equipment, and never need $600+ worth of batteries replaced. I hope someone here has experience with carts for hunting will chime in.

Catscratch I have a 2007 Yamaha Rhino that runs great and can almost climb straight up. I have never had any issues with it not getting me through any terrain I ran it through. It will be for sale once I buy/built a cart. Just don't need the power of a gas unit anymore and want to get away from the noise of it.

A Rhino would be a sweet setup!
I get the attraction to electric. I've really wouldn't mind having either one (gas or electric).

Is yours gas or electric? What kind of power does it have? Any problems going up steep hills? What about with a load, would a 25gallon sprayer bog it down going up a hill?
Mine is electric. I have one fairly steep hill going to a plot. Its the only one that my cart hasn't went up but the time it didn't make it up, I had three 200+ guys on the cart and traction was the issue. If I was to do it again, I would have got 4wd just b/c of my terrain and mud.

lassig said:
Thinking of building one over the winter and want to make sure I look for a cart that will lend itself to doing this. What I have seen so far is to focus on the EZGOs as they are aluminium frames. But really am a newbie here and want to make sure (if I build or buy built already) that I get one that will perform as a need. I need a cart that will perform on somewhat muddy flat terrain and short steep hills (ravines here in west central Illinois). Reverse is needed, high/low range, lift kit, range of 10 miles + on a charge. Just not sure of the features I need to focus on for my WC IL terrain so looking for input.
Mine is an EZ-go because of the aluminum frame. It will easily go 10 miles on a charge. I've never really paid attention but the only time its ever died on me it was b/c my daughter ran it all day long all over the farm. I don't have a high low range

I built one two years ago out of a Yamaha cart. I use it quite a bit after all said and done I had close to 4200 dollars which included all new motor, controller , solenoid f/r switch, batteries, charger and wiring. I converted mine to 48 volt during the process. After seeing mine my dad bought a used stealth for about the same price and then he had to buy new batteries. Having 4 wheel drive on his cart definately worth while there really isn't anywhere that cart won't go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back