Geo in Co

I don't know if I've seen aspen that size, G. I must have always been in cut or burn areas. That's awesome . I want to hug one!!!!:)

G - I seem to recall one of the new Ads on this forum is for "hot russian singles". Maybe thats a sign? lol

G - I seem to recall one of the new Ads on this forum is for "hot russian singles". Maybe thats a sign? lol

What about the not so Asian looking Asian beauties?

Wolf Creek ski

wolf creek.jpg

A good way to check out a ski slope.

7 16 288.jpg

7 16 290.jpg

7 16 297.jpg

7 16 300.jpg

7 16 306.jpg

7 16 320.jpg

7 16 325.jpg

7 16 326.jpg

The resort has the top of the rock pile that is Alberta Peak listed at 11,904', I could only get 11,841' on google earth.

7 16 316.jpg

G

Geo your beautiful photos are a joy to us easterners. I can see you have not given up dear hunting. :rolleyes:

Sure enjoy the updates. Thanks for sharing.

That's a beautiful place to hike and explore. Have you found any mountain lakes teaming with trout?

Geo your beautiful photos are a joy to us easterners. I can see you have not given up dear hunting. :rolleyes:

Sure enjoy the updates. Thanks for sharing.

No Wayne, I haven't given up dear hunting but I don't want to mislead anyone, this one is no dear. I'm just practicing coping with adversity in the mountains.

Despite holding the infrastructure for a ski resort this hillside is a rather lush ecosystem. We bumped muley does up all over the place.

7 16 328.jpg

A double black diamond.

7 16 330.jpg

G

That's a beautiful place to hike and explore. Have you found any mountain lakes teaming with trout?

I have not been in to them yet but yes. The reservoir that I drink out of has both largemouth bass and rainbows that I would call steelheads. Williams reservoir up higher also holds kokanee. I haven't spent much time up around any high mountain lakes yet.

G

Last edited:
Very scenic. They would have to remove many trees before I could ski there. Do you feel the altitude much when you're hiking around?

Geo - My sons will be several hours north of you come early September chasing elk. Love the pics you post. There's a reason folks that visit out there often settle there.

Heading to telluride in a couple weeks. Your pics make me look forward to this non hunting trip. I still think non hunting trips should be banned though.

Very scenic. They would have to remove many trees before I could ski there. Do you feel the altitude much when you're hiking around?

The reduced gravity and air resistance is too insignificant so it must be the dopamine buzz buy I feel great up there. I don't want to be too cocky but I feel like I'm ready to go find an elk.

Geo - My sons will be several hours north of you come early September chasing elk. Love the pics you post. There's a reason folks that visit out there often settle there.

Good luck to the boys.

Heading to telluride in a couple weeks. Your pics make me look forward to this non hunting trip. I still think non hunting trips should be banned though.

Good luck not killing anything on your trip.

G

Great pics, looks like you are still trying to catch up with Tofu :D Makes my knees hurt looking at those mountains!

Thanks Sam

I saw the russkies yesterday but I didn't click, a good way to catch a virus.

Great pics, looks like you are still trying to catch up with Tofu :D Makes my knees hurt looking at those mountains!

Thanks Fly, I worked in the garage the past couple of days giving my knees some time off.

Despite just being up there two weeks ago Tofu had no clue where she was going and was heading to the opposite end of the ski hill. About mid mountain I finally managed to get her to listen to me. When I got here up to the rock pile she recognized where she was. On the way down she was still quite proud of her navigating skills.

We also differ in opinion on what is health food.

8 16 40.jpg

So I'll confess, on the last part of the ascent I started thinking about my heart and that I didn't have any aspirin with me. Then I reasoned that I was 11,000 feet not 26,000. This couple hundred yards of trail gave me pause to think about my vertigo, during the walk I was told about the bodies that pile up at the bottom of the slope.

7 16 327.jpg

My flower garden,

8 16 34.jpg

low maintenance.

DSC06332 (1200 x 900).jpg

8 16 35.jpg

8 16 38.jpg

Last edited:
breath taking views you have and I love the flower garden!

you are living the dream my friend
todd

Just got here and this forum just keeps getting better and better. Great stuff G.

Brian AKA Stickbowcrafter from former forum

Getting pretty close to elk season now...looking forward to the ride! Get 3m figured out and I will give you some company in a year or so... ;)

Back