Folding ROPS

JohnL48

Anyone ever modify their ROPS on their tractor to fold ? If I can do this I can keep it out of the weather in my garage

My tractor ROPS folds in the middle. It came that way from the factory. I wouldn't know if you can modify them afterward, maybe they have an after market option.

Mine on my Kubota will fold but I never have because I have an aluminum roof attached to it...that ROP will save your life someday...Mine has!

I personally would suggest you leave well enough alone. It isn't impossible to do what you ask, but is it worth it? We never intend on needing an ROPS, but the one time you do and you have altered it and it fails - is it worth the injury or worse? You essentially have no means to test it either! They invented them and design them the way they do for a reason. I would agree with looking into the OEM and seeing if they make a kit of some sort to lower it's height or otherwise, but doing a garage hack and weld job to get there could someday put you, or someone else's life on the line!

Last time I took rollover and farm extrication they told us that since ROPS became required there had not been a recorded death from rollover if they had a seatbelt on.I know of a cabbed tractor that went off a bridge and landed on top of cab in creek bed,the guy walked away

Last time I took rollover and farm extrication they told us that since ROPS became required there had not been a recorded death from rollover if they had a seatbelt on.I know of a cabbed tractor that went off a bridge and landed on top of cab in creek bed,the guy walked away

This is a great argument for a new tractor. Mine doesn't have ROP. How can my wife say no?

I would use that reason,no different than wearing a safety belt with a climb system for your family and yourself.The safety belt requirement is really the only steadfast rule on my property

Don't forget to always buckle up when on the tractor with ROPS. I went years without buckling up an never thought about a roll over since our land is relatively flat. Came close to flipping over a couple years ago when I was spreading manure with the FEL loaded and raised while driving. Slight turn and back wheel came off the ground. Last time I haven't buckled up. And, I'll add ear protection. Bush hog plus engine noise is damaging. "What'd you say"...."Huh". To much of that coming from me to the better half these days.

On the size tractors that most of us use the most dangerous thing is probably when we hook onto something to pull like a log etc. or try to pull a vehicle out,more flip overs than anything.

Back