Fireblight on Galloway Pear?

He said: "Remove everything that is infected and remove the limbs from the orchard it should be fine "
Thats the standard answer. And it all "just depends". You will be cutting the central leader down to a stick. Then i would cut it again this winter to be sure the blight isnt in this years cut.
I know its rough, but fireblight is that nasty.

It really has been a bad fireblight year. My Galloway pear, however, has not been affected. My Moonglow and Ayers pears are showing some fireblight...but the worst is this poor Yates apple...what a mess...what would you do with this?

IMG_0373_zpskimoxf9u.jpg

That thing is ready for the chainsaw Dirtnap. Dang!

This is a young granniwinkle tree at home. This thing has been ate up with fb this year. It was pretty open before, but I've pruned it back aggressively.
It's Freyburg on top which had some fb. My Springdale and McAfee limbs were unbothered.
3edea54111d2e8c6e221e923e75b3053.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

This is a young granniwinkle tree at home. This thing has been ate up with fb this year. It was pretty open before, but I've pruned it back aggressively.
It's Freyburg on top which had some fb. My Springdale and McAfee limbs were unbothered.
3edea54111d2e8c6e221e923e75b3053.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Merle, my Graniwinkle went to the smoker years ago. Dang thing was a blight magnet.

The only FB magnet I have left is American Summer Pearmain. But, the dang thing has a big crop of apples this year. It heard I was going to cut it down and is trying to mess with my mind.

I think the fact that I've let it keep growing until it has got to be a pretty big tree is helping it some, but those apples had better be good or else.;)

Back