Fall plots in no rain since

I couldnt take it and had to plant a couple of plots. I plant about 30 acres and cant wait to rush out and plant it all two days before a forecast rain - which usually doesnt seem to happen. I have not had great luck with seed laying in the ground for four weeks - but we will see. Usually have go back and plant again. Another two weeks of no rain and we will be looking at nothing green come deer season.

Barn still a couple of months out. It's been put into action though so I'm in the queue.

My foodplot has germinated as well. Seed was sitting patiently waiting for that moisture...
Good deal on the rain/plots. I hope you start a barn build thread, always interested in following along. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I couldnt take it and had to plant a couple of plots. I plant about 30 acres and cant wait to rush out and plant it all two days before a forecast rain - which usually doesnt seem to happen. I have not had great luck with seed laying in the ground for four weeks - but we will see. Usually have go back and plant again. Another two weeks of no rain and we will be looking at nothing green come deer season.
It's like Christmas morning every week checking my plots. I need to get a load of fert out soon but limited time now between hunts, work & weather. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Okay, I just have to brag.... I had last Friday off so I got my plots in and then had 4" of rain Saturday night. If you look at the map Drycreek posted my place is in the square box just north of Baton Rouge.

This sure beats my normal routine of planting and then spending the 3 weeks praying for rain!

Okay, I just have to brag.... I had last Friday off so I got my plots in and then had 4" of rain Saturday night. If you look at the map Drycreek posted my place is in the square box just north of Baton Rouge.

This sure beats my normal routine of planting and then spending the 3 weeks praying for rain!

Good for you. No harm done other than a bit of rain envy;)

Back