Drone Recovery Service

I don’t really agree with some of this. We went through hell with a local helicopter who would take his clients pig hunting over our property. They would fly over and herd animals off of our land onto adjacent properties where they had permission then kill them. Of course there was nothing we could do because we don’t own the air space. Illegal no highly unethical yes! Luckily they got in trouble with fish and game and had to move on but folks like this are no different than an unethical drone user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the approach of many dog hunters in VA. We had all kinds of issues. They paid a guy who had 5 acres to release their dogs on his land. The dogs would push deer across our land on to a 50 acre property where they had permission to hunt. Illegal in VA? No. But highly unethical in my opinion. Fortunately for us, dog hunting is on the wain in our part of the state as dog hunters attrit.

Tank tracks down a metal horseshoe in a 5-acre pasture in usually 5 to 10 minutes.

G

The guy on Utube talks about how they are required to have lights for a landing and take off and it sounds like they help you set up everything else

A drone should likely fly so high, it won't bother deer at all. There are FAA rules about how high recreational drones and commercial drones can fly. Also, legally, you don't really own the airspace above your property, so a drone isn't really "trespassing".

Personally, I'd be more worried about invasion of privacy near a home, than deer getting spooked.
I have a small DJI Mini 3 drone that is one of the quietest on the market. At 389 feet up you can hear it plainly and I fly it to our plot 200 yards from our house on occasion and at that height it will absolutely clear the field. 400 feet is as high as you can fly. If you want to really screw up you neighbors hunt cruise your drone around over their place...even at 400 feet...

I have a small DJI Mini 3 drone that is one of the quietest on the market. At 389 feet up you can hear it plainly and I fly it to our plot 200 yards from our house on occasion and at that height it will absolutely clear the field. 400 feet is as high as you can fly. If you want to really screw up you neighbors hunt cruise your drone around over their place...even at 400 feet...
I think 400' is for hobbyists.

That's exactly what I thought. Glad to see a trustworthy person with actual experience chime in and state the facts.

That's exactly what I thought. Glad to see a trustworthy person with actual experience chime in and state the facts.
My dad has the Mini SE. I've flown it around home a few times, and the deer could care less. They're pretty tame though. I'm guessing more wild deer could notice.

My dad has the Mini SE. I've flown it around home a few times, and the deer could care less. They're pretty tame though. I'm guessing more wild deer could notice.

Yea, I've noticed a lot of differences between wild deer and tame deer over the years. Best wishes on your hunting this season.

I’m a dog guy, not a drone guy. Imagine giving your favorite drone a treat and heaping praise on him for finding your deer. It just ain’t working for me ! Sarge The Wonder Dog is sleeping at my feet as I type this and he approves !🐶

Over the past year I have become a fairly decent drone cinematographer...I use my drone almost daily and the one thing that is universal is even though deer are out and about on the properties I won’t be getting video of them in any form except running. I equate flying my drone across the place as the same as sending deer hounds through it. Just my experience here with wild deer...residential/town deer will put up with a lot more...

Over the past year I have become a fairly decent drone cinematographer...I use my drone almost daily and the one thing that is universal is even though deer are out and about on the properties I won’t be getting video of them in any form except running. I equate flying my drone across the place as the same as sending deer hounds through it. Just my experience here with wild deer...residential/town deer will put up with a lot more...
Yes, deer are one of the most adaptable creatures to human activity. Deer in the burbs are almost different creatures than deer in the big woods.

I met a guy at an Ohio deer expo in August. He uses a dog and drone with thermal imaging. His initial fee is $375.00. I plan to use him if needed.

There are MANY Groups of Deer Trackers who use Dogs all over the country. There is a Group near where we hunt and I'm lucky that one of the very best is my Neighbor. She tracks for FREE but will accept a donation if you so feel like it. I have had to call her more than once after loosing a Deer in our thick Florida Woods and Swamps. Usually takes less than 15 minutes after the Dogs arrive and they got your deer.

There is as I said no set fee, but I give them $100 for a Buck and $40 for a Doe.

Drones I would think opens a big can of worms. Even as a kid PA had laws against using "electronic devises" for the purpose of hunting or herding Deer. I do not know the current laws but I would guess that they got it updated by now to include Drones. Many States do NOT allow Hunting from the Air and this also seems to slide into Drone Territory.

Did you watch the one this week where they hauled a hog out of the woods with a big drone?They talked about how big of a hog it was but I didn't think it was that big.But I wouldn't have wanted to carry it.

There is as I said no set fee, but I give them $100 for a Buck and $40 for a Doe.
Why the disparity in what you give to the handler for a buck and a doe? It costs as much to travel and spend time with their dog recovering your deer regardless of the deer's sex.

Back