Are You Skeered?

I know what you mean. I don’t need them but I keep some Riccola and a Vick’s cough drop on me at all times when I’m in a store. I don’t even want to clear my throat in public. Alas, trips are few these days anyway.

I guess one good thing is cops aren’t writing citations for anything unless it’s extreme. Let’s some good ole mountain boys run the twisties wo too much drama. If I don’t get back to work soon I’m gonna b broke and sitting on my ass waiting on the Check. Guess I’ll have vote to support that lifestyle in the future!!!
ffa29abd7c9790b28a75550d5b9695bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that video is true, somebody needs their ass in a wringer !

Yeah that’s pretty ridiculous. Probably some truth with a little BS. NY hospitals should definitely not be a “war zone yet”, they’re not at their projected peak for another week. The media has really taken advantage of this situation. Not unexpected but it’s really getting out of control.

Cuomo wasn’t sure today in his briefing. He said we could already be at the apex or a plateau. Which is way off from what he said 2 days ago that we were 2-3 weeks out yet. New data every day and a new model everyday. Some hospitals are. very busy. Some not so much.

I'm scared the people are going to believe this thing was an actual threat, and this exercise in police state tactics was not only warranted, but a good idea. We ushered in the surveillance state after 9/11 to "protect us" from terrorism. This will most certainly validate the police state to "protect us" from the flu.

It's all very Atlas Shrugged.

Cuomo wasn’t sure today in his briefing. He said we could already be at the apex or a plateau. Which is way off from what he said 2 days ago that we were 2-3 weeks out yet. New data every day and a new model everyday. Some hospitals are. very busy. Some not so much.

NY cities numbers were actually down a little today, hopefully that’s a good sign they peaked early AND well below how bad it was predicted.

The Erie County NY executive today said that they will fine people $2000 for not obeying the 6 feet distance rule in parks. Getting out of hand in my opinion now

The Erie County NY executive today said that they will fine people $2000 for not obeying the 6 feet distance rule in parks. Getting out of hand in my opinion now

What freaked me out to start this thread was the video on the news saying they were using drones to watch for crowds over 10 people and report such to proper police for enforcement. Dade county Fl I think but could be mistaken on that. Of my buddies in law enforcement I’m sure this is nothing they really care to do.
On a good note I think at least temporarily this thing has gotten many people to open their eyes on family , finances , religion, and priorities for themselves and this country. Time will test that resolve. Stay safe everyone.

NY cities numbers were actually down a little today, hopefully that’s a good sign they peaked early AND well below how bad it was predicted.

Most health officials I trust are saying that this isn't even the real spike we should expect. With all the quarantine activity going on right now, it's not being spread very rapidly. The indication is that once we start to reintroduce people to their jobs and more normal daily life, we will see the real initial spike. The 'plan' is about getting enough medical supplies stockpiled to handle that wave without forcing doctors to decide who lives and dies. The second wave of the Spanish Flu was the deadliest one.

What's important about this model is it uses the rules in place in various states to determine the curves. Without those steps in place, this model would be a lot worse looking.

If you look at historical epidemics where quarantine was necessary, you see that there is a huge initial wave (again, as described above that most health experts say hasn't happened yet) they drew out for several years with the initial wave followed by several smaller waves of outbreaks.

I'm not trying to throw shade on the model, but we will live with this virus in some way or another for years barring a proven/tested vaccine.

In general, we were woefully unprepared for this, and we all hope that it ends up being 'not as bad' as they thought. It's an impossible question for anyone to answer whether we are doing too much.

If we end up with a lot fewer sick/deaths with everything we have done, you will have people saying "see, it wasn't even that bad, we should've just stayed open." But we will never know how bad it could have been if we just let it go because we didn't do that. Had we let it go and had deaths by the millions, we would have people saying "why didn't they do anything sooner?"

It's impossible to get absolutely right.

Interesting show on the Smithsonian channel, yes I've been bored, that I watched late last night on the Spanish flu of 1918. Lots of similarities on spread with Covid 19 but an oddity is it disappeared on its own within the year. And you Kansas guys are going to be surprised.

Interesting show on the Smithsonian channel, yes I've been bored, that I watched late last night on the Spanish flu of 1918. Lots of similarities on spread with Covid 19 but an oddity is it disappeared on its own within the year. And you Kansas guys are going to be surprised.
Surely they're not calling it the Spanish Flu anymore? Isn't that denigrating to all Latin peoples?
Talking of the flu disappearing on it own, check this out;
https://www.thecollegefix.com/epide...uld-be-exterminated-if-lockdowns-were-lifted/
I especially like the end where he says; “Well, I’m not paid by the government, so I’m entitled to actually do science.”

Just remember the ease at which they closed the Country down. So fast and so easy. And people are taking notes. If they did it once , guaranteed they will do it again. I’m not saying right or wrong but, it was way too easy for them to do this. It’s almost a competition now between States to see who can shut more down. Maybe not initially intended but it’s now just a giant social engineering experiment. We’re deep into the mitigation’s now but, I really believe if this virus cycles around back in the fall or next year there will be a whole lot more pushback on these lockdowns.

Back