11 days to a successful lawnmower plot

Looking good Native ! I’m still a month or so away from getting started on my plots. The spigot turned off for us about 3 weeks ago. I’m already running sprinklers in my yard and my plots are drying up. I can’t complain though, we got a full month more out of them this year due to the extra moisture we got in June and July. I won’t plant until decent moisture starts arriving with cold fronts. I’m really looking forward to deer season more and more each year as I get older. Never know, at my age, when this season will be your last. 😬

Looking good Native ! I’m still a month or so away from getting started on my plots. The spigot turned off for us about 3 weeks ago. I’m already running sprinklers in my yard and my plots are drying up. I can’t complain though, we got a full month more out of them this year due to the extra moisture we got in June and July. I won’t plant until decent moisture starts arriving with cold fronts. I’m really looking forward to deer season more and more each year as I get older. Never know, at my age, when this season will be your last. 😬
We never know at any age, so we just need to cast our bread upon the water as our Friend Solomon said!! Good luck Drycreek.

Last edited:
Damn!!

I’m ordering through Kings Agriseed but you can’t do it direct. It needs to go through a vendor. Great product and I have no issues besides not getting wheat for fall planting.

I also order enough between myself and my friend that it only costs around 100 dollars to have a pallet dropped off at our business.
You can go to King's Agriseed office in Lancaster Pa and buy directly out of their warehouse

You can go to King's Agriseed office in Lancaster Pa and buy directly out of their warehouse
No shit, I tried calling and ordering originally but they said I had to go through a vendor.

Regardless they seem like they never have any leftover seed from season to season.

I wanted some buckwheat to throw into my fall plots and tried adding it to my order and they are all out.

No shit, I tried calling and ordering originally but they said I had to go through a vendor.

Regardless they seem like they never have any leftover seed from season to season.

I wanted some buckwheat to throw into my fall plots and tried adding it to my order and they are all out.

I’ve got a place like that. Ask them who their vendor is closest to you, have the vendor place the order, and then go pick it up at the warehouse anyway. It’s dumb, but it keeps 300 guys like us out of their hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does buckwheat flower its entire life? When I planted in June, it had flowers after a few weeks and seemed to continue until it was 5’ tall. I think it still had white flowers when I rolled it.

Does buckwheat flower its entire life? When I planted in June, it had flowers after a few weeks and seemed to continue until it was 5’ tall. I think it still had white flowers when I rolled it.

It does flower quickly. I will probably get some new plants from the seeds this year.

Glad I planted early. We are now in a drought and no rain in the forecast. Below is another lawnmower plot I did this year. I left out the buckwheat in this one.

PS - the break in the middle is a spring covered in jewelweed.

IMG_4756.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4756.jpeg
    IMG_4756.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
Back