Ohio Farm Tours

Well boys it was a fantastic weekend Midwest is getting outright slammed with rain. I was worried about tilling around but I was able to get it accomplished. Friday was a short work day for me and my cousin and I jumped on the tractor around 3pm, we tilled and let everything dry for a few hours. We came back and seeded around 2 acres of beans that afternoon.

Big Plot
IMG_2709.JPG

Stonehenge
IMG_2710.JPG

One thing you notice is we overseed rye into our beans every year. I sprayed it with gly to kill it off. You can see some still standing, those other areas of the plots will be in a turnip/grain mix this fall.

Finally the reason we all do what we do, to chase big bucks. This is by far the biggest buck I have had on camera this early in a season. This deer is going to be a STUD, this was around May 20th. Cant wait to chase this Ohio stud.

A lot more updates to come soon!

IMG_2706.JPG

Not even June and he's as wide as his ears! That should be a stud of a buck this fall. Only thing I'd add to that back strap is a dose of horseradish to run those slices through. Love back strap and don't have any left.

Deer will prob keep alfalfa mowed for you in a small plot but if you have to mow to control weeds, do so at 1-2 feet and it will keep trash from smothering alfalfa. Anxious to see its results. Good looking land and buck.

Not even June and he's as wide as his ears! That should be a stud of a buck this fall. Only thing I'd add to that back strap is a dose of horseradish to run those slices through. Love back strap and don't have any left.

eww! I never liked horseradish much, you sound like my grandpap, he always likes that stuff!

Nice work Al. We are making a lot of people jealous with all of our tilling LOL Wow, what a buck!

Thanks buddy! This is by far biggest buck I ever have had this early in the season. I think this deer will be a jaw dropper - maybe I am hyping him up too much but I don't think so

Deer will prob keep alfalfa mowed for you in a small plot but if you have to mow to control weeds, do so at 1-2 feet and it will keep trash from smothering alfalfa. Anxious to see its results. Good looking land and buck.

Thanks buddy! Ill mow it a few times a year for the next few years.

Well lets start with the UGLY. So as I mentioned I sprayed my trees with Bonide fruit tree spray several weeks ago. I always rinse my sprayers after each use and before the next use. I did clean it very well but the spray roasted some of my trees, to the point I am not sure they will make it.

What do you think? Should I just wait till next spring to see if they bounce back?

IMG_2740.JPG

The good news

The bean plots are coming in nicely this is after just two weeks of growth. We need some rain but I am very happy with the results. I will spray GLY on them after another 2 weeks.

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2743.JPG

The big project today, get some wood split. Although its warm now, it will be cold and deer season before we know it.

start:
IMG_2745.JPG

Finish: (I stacked it all as well after this)
IMG_2747.JPG

Got some horns coming. You are ready with that firewood

Yea buddy! bucks are putting it on! Also this aint AL, we get some COLD winters up here!

All joking aside I split 3-5 cords a year typically. At the farm I like to have a solid cord+. At home I burn more often and I like to have 2+ cords. Plus I sell a little as well.

Wow it has been awhile! Between working and getting married at the end of July, I have been very busy! Anyhow, all at farm is good. I got the beans sprayed, bucks are growing, big news to come this post!

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

Back