Ohio Farm Tours

All and all life is good.

The big news is we just closed on the land next to the farm. I am blessed beyond belief and I thank Jesus everyday for what I am able to have on this place they call Earth.

We are very excited to add around 170 acres to our current 60, giving us around 230 acres of prime - SE Ohio timber to hunt. Many updates and plans coming in the future but first, I gotta get married!

Thank you for reading!

Thats a rough looking bunch of Buckeyes! I have to go to wedding tomorrow of coworker. Lot of work for those. Congrats on land, looking forward to its management. Congrats.

Thats a rough looking bunch of Buckeyes! I have to go to wedding tomorrow of coworker. Lot of work for those. Congrats on land, looking forward to its management. Congrats.

Buckeyes are almost as rough as a group of - West Virginians- we got better football!!!! Hahaha

Exciting times. God's blessings on you and your new bride! I saw facebook post that it is ONE MONTH away!

Yes sir thank you! Jesus Christ is the only reason I have what I have in my life and I am not ashamed to let people know.

My grandmother before she died, looked at me and said I'm ready to meet Jesus. At no other point in my life did my faith hit more of a peak.

If you don't know him. Just start talking to him. I ain't pro/anti religion but Jesus Christ is our savior.

Last edited:
Buckeyes are almost as rough as a group of - West Virginians- we got better football!!!! Hahaha
O that hurt Buck. You know Mountaineers are God's team. And I know you root for them when OS is not playing. But you are forgiven but I'm still canceling the wedding present I ordered.

That's pretty awesome news on the property.......and the wedding is OK too! Hah

We just added 40 ac as well to our place.

Can't wait to see the updates on the new place.

Congrats on the land addition. How can you beat a bachelor party at the farm? Had a couple of my son's buddies that wanted their bachelor party at the farm and was happy to oblige. Couldn't think of a better place to hang out with friends than the farm.

As for Ohio State...Roll Tide!

Congrats on the new land purchase! That is huge news. '17 is a good year for you with the wedding as well.

Looks like the bach party didnt get boring....ha.

Congrats on the new land purchase! That is huge news. '17 is a good year for you with the wedding as well.

Looks like the bach party didnt get boring....ha.

No we had a lot of fun! This weekend it is back to the farm to get some work done and plan the new land layout. Time to go to work people!

Well lets start with the UGLY. So as I mentioned I sprayed my trees with Bonide fruit tree spray several weeks ago. I always rinse my sprayers after each use and before the next use. I did clean it very well but the spray roasted some of my trees, to the point I am not sure they will make it.

What do you think? Should I just wait till next spring to see if they bounce back?

View attachment 7577
could be that or fireblight. either way, that tree is prob toast. Could always post it in another thread on the fruit tree board to see what others might think

could be that or fireblight. either way, that tree is prob toast. Could always post it in another thread on the fruit tree board to see what others might think

I believe I did that. I spoke with the mfg of chemical and they said that can happen on warm days. Live to learn I suppose. Won't happen again. My trees behind my house orchard look fantastic. All I use is 7 on them.

Some updates from the farm and new property

1. Stonehenge and big plot beans are coming in nicely. Notice the browse on the beans, hence the importance of an exclusion fence!
IMG_2815.JPG

Big Plot - notice the browse,
IMG_2816.JPG

Finally my cousin and I scouted some of the new farm. We found a spot that was mostly long needle pine trees and brush.

Before -
IMG_2821.JPG

After-
IMG_2822.JPG

Back