RIP Lakngolf

Lakeside89

My name is Alan Deal and I just wanted to let you all know that Milton Lovelady aka Lakngolf, formerly lakengulf, passed away unexpectedly this morning. He was a long time active member and loved this forum and talked about it often. He spent most of his days gardening or working on his small property getting it ready for deer season with his grandkids who he was so proud of. I was blessed to hunt this property with Milton for many years and harvested my first bow kill, first Turkey and had many great memories on Lovelady Lane. He was as good as they come with a witty sense of humor and loved his neighbors and always shared his garden harvest with anyone, especially his famous tomatoes! I will treasure the memories. Heaven gained a good man this morning and I for one, am a better man from the legacy he leaves behind. RIP Lak

Oh man. This is a gut punch. I’m sorry for your loss, Alan. Thank you for letting us know, and please pass along our condolences to his family. If we can do anything for them, please let me know.

Rest in peace, Milton. I hope that you and my father, who also passed away way too young at the age of 73 earlier this year, are up there talking about tomatoes.

This is very sad news. He was such an important member of this forum, and you could tell what a wonderful family man and all around fine person he was. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and all who knew him.

Last edited:
I am heartbroken over the passing of this great man. Native Hunter sent me a text message which I read first before I viewed the forum. Milton was one of the best grandfathers I have had the pleasure to meet in this life. He loved spending time with his grandchildren. Back in the early months of this year, he and his wife came to visit me to pick up some chestnuts to plant on his farm and he brought us 16 tomato plants.

He got the pleasure of planting the chestnut seedlings with his grandchildren - now that is how it should be in this world.

It is hard to type right now. I am thankful his friend shared this news with us. Yes, Heaven gained a great one. Milton is soon gonna be talking tomatoes with his lovely mom, no doubt.

If you believe in the power of prayer, please say one for Milton and his family in this time of loss.

My name is Alan Deal and I just wanted to let you all know that Milton Lovelady aka Lakngolf, formerly lakengulf, passed away unexpectedly this morning. He was a long time active member and loved this forum and talked about it often. He spent most of his days gardening or working on his small property getting it ready for deer season with his grandkids who he was so proud of. I was blessed to hunt this property with Milton for many years and harvested my first bow kill, first Turkey and had many great memories on Lovelady Lane. He was as good as they come with a witty sense of humor and loved his neighbors and always shared his garden harvest with anyone, especially his famous tomatoes! I will treasure the memories. Heaven gained a good man this morning and I for one, am a better man from the legacy he leaves behind. RIP Lak
Thank you Mr. Deal. Milton was a great friend. I am just heartbroken. I made a Thanksgiving post yesterday and mention Milton by name. Please tell Milton's wife I would like to know the arrangements when they are made. Wayne Pruett in Portland, TN 615.517.4873 text works for me or post on this thread.

Thank you Mr. Deal. Milton was a great friend. I am just heartbroken. I made a Thanksgiving post yesterday and mention Milton by name. Please tell Milton's wife I would like to know the arrangements when they are made. Wayne Pruett in Portland, TN 615.517.4873 text works for me or post on this thread.
Thanks Wayne, he was so excited about those chestnut trees! Will certainly be something his grandkids will remember for years to come as they grow. My understand ing is that visitation starts this Sunday 11/26 at 1pm at Rehobeth Baptist Church in Lawley AL with the funeral to follow. My cell is 334.301.4890 if anyone would like additional information. Thank you all for being good friends to Milton. His wife, Wanda, along with the rest of the family will appreciate your prayers during those tough time here at the holiday season.

Last edited:
Well crap what lousy news. I’ve communicated w Milton aka Lakn since way back in the early old forum days. Certainly had a love for his land family and grandchildren. I still remember his map and his ideas of increasing deer movement thru his property. And man could he grow some dandy ‘ maters on the edge of his old lakeside home.
Thanks for the memories and knowledge Lakn. You shall be missed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear about this. Praying for peace and comfort for the family. A tomato grower who will be missed by all on the forum

Thanks for taking the time to let us know of his passing. I always enjoyed his posts and his family will be in my prayers.

So sad to here of Milton’s Passing. We were friends on this forum and on FB...very unexpected. Prayers for the family.

Back