"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Had to check on our little water gap where our fence crosses a small wet weather creek and I was amazed it was still up after the more than 6" rain we got yesterday. It needs some chainsaw work once it dries out some to clear it...

4acbeff208e251d6e7ecd685d45df8de.jpg

a34b1bf52866b4e2153c24bf612e1c24.jpg

c688a385501a38f6118b7dd639c6910d.jpg

Pond at home 10 went from this...

9dc8039b826644f611387b75332099d5.jpg

To this...

f6ea5703dd46808be4058a596c50c039.jpg

0c09ccaf75f98d310b00ce43137b5d57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to love water gap work! Glad the fence held up for you, and that pond looks great with some water in it!
Somehow our gauge only shows 2 inches from yesterday but it felt like it rained all day and everything is saturated.

Got home about 5:00 and could hear turkeys gobbling across the road so I quickly grabbed my gear and headed out. I got set up back in the timber in the edge of a hinge cut and waited a bit and then hit my box call...turkeys to my front left through the woods responded immediately...stayed quiet a few minutes and hit it again and got responses much closer...great...be quiet, safety off, behind camo tree umbrella set up on ground,back against big white oak. 2 toms approach but I can barely make them out through the brush. 1 is strutting, 2nd is on high alert. Second turkey head upright visible above brush at 30 so I take the shot...strutting turkey flys to our new 10 acres and the other runs back the way they came in but it looked like he was running into brush more than he should. I could hear more turkeys gobbling the way he went which was toward our south plot. I just went the way he ran and saw him laying down. I got near and he got up and ran but kept running into brush so I took another shot. Down...first shot just got a pellet in his head and disoriented him...second shot was perfect...

4015c865f6037870a7e7cd731ec87a8b.jpg

Some of the rye grain over there...amazing that well over 6" of rain Saturday and the ground is pretty dry again and no puddles anywhere...that shows you how dry we were!

ab8fcf7115168988362e0a191ab7df6d.jpg

Good turkey hunt Okie. And your rye is where we are hoping ours is by around June 10 or so. It only has to grow up 5 1/4 feet to match where your rye is now. That's a nice stand you have all ready for the fawns.

Thanks guys...been a really weird season...never once did I go and not see Tom turkeys but getting one in front of the gun was the challenge...

In other news wife and I are now officially owners of additional acreage at Home 10...all filed. Original 10 in red but hunt stand app put it slightly south of actual. New boundaries of our property out there are in purple...lots to do...

be76e64e2932cede9fd99f3d0bb7f8df.jpg

Looks like a great addition to your place. Some new water and a nice corner of woods. Very good!

Thanks catscratch...That wooded corner is a super bedding area and is loaded with deer. You can see the plots in the original 10 and we hunt a mere 75 yards from the front door of the house there. Planning a larger fish pond on the property...

Glad you're finally drought free! Really wish we could save some of this for August though. We've got pretty major flooding close to my place. They reported last night where the black River was 9 to 10 miles wide after the levee breaches just to my southwest.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Glad you're finally drought free! Really wish we could save some of this for August though. We've got pretty major flooding close to my place. They reported last night where the black River was 9 to 10 miles wide after the levee breaches just to my southwest.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
I hear you on the spreading it out deal. A 1" rain a week would be nice...

Back