When Habitat Forums Die Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stu, glad to see you here, you have a wealth of knowledge and there's nothing wrong with friendly debate. You and I have always gotten along, so I would prefer that you see yourself as an asset rather than a nightmare.

I just hope all the trouble makers and pot stirrers don't filter over here now that they've destroyed their other lurking spots. This forum has done so well because those types get moved along rather quickly.
I take offense to your statement, no one destroyed their lurking spots as you described it. The owner had a monetary dispute with one member who he did some work for, got pissed off and closed the site. To condemn all the members from the site is being very narrow minded. I thought this forum was better than this. Guess not.

I have no history with any site so if folks want to chat about the best way to forward everyone's collective passions I'm all ears.

No need to rehash anything from the last - we are around to talk about people's collective (specific) passions, of which presumably does not include the history of deer-related Internet forums :)

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I take offense to your statement, no one destroyed their lurking spots as you described it. The owner had a monetary dispute with one member who he did some work for, got pissed off and closed the site. To condemn all the members from the site is being very narrow minded. I thought this forum was better than this. Guess not.
Anyone that knows me from this site knows that I do my best to keep from intentionally offending folks. Sometimes it is difficult, and takes more self control than I can muster on my own. I don't do it because I am afraid to verbally (or physically) tangle. I was a competitive Thai boxer and MMA fighter in my younger days. I am not easily intimidated. Rather, I do it because it doesn't serve any real benefit to sites like this. It is what destroys the free availability of information and experience through forums like this. My earlier post was a direct response to the OP's narrative that "trouble makers" were pushed off the QDMA website, and that the same issues led to the demise of the other forum. I don't know what happened, nor do I care. I would,however, hate to see this forum fall apart due to conflict and just bad citizenship of its members. There are thousands of forums for those that feel the need to attack and criticize from behind the cover of their computer. I hope that this doesn't become one of them. Those of us who are many years into our habitat journey have already benefitted from the knowledge of so many others on the old site. We have little to gain from this or other habitat sites aside from like minded friendships we develop here. Uniformly, we all enjoy giving back and helping others through our own experiences and struggles. I would hate to see a few bad apples destroy that for everyone. But unhappy people have a way of infecting other people.

Last edited:
Your worst nightmare just materialized
Haha. Stu, you have a long way to go to be anything close to my worst nightmare. You have a great wealth of habitat knowledge, and sometimes you actually share it in a fruitful way :). Other times, not so much, in my opinion. But my opinion is just one man's opinion. I hope you decide to stay, and be an asset here. I used to really enjoy your posts, and know you have a lot to give.

No worries Doc, this place isn't my cup of tea. Just not enough humor here. What I posted about Groupthink is pretty much my perception of this place.

It's all good, that's why there needs to be more than one place on the interwebs to discuss habitat.

All I will say is that there are some great places out there and if you find a crowd you like that is fine. I have always been active on a handful of forums. Some a bit saltier than others. I never see it as a competition. I seek to learn and share - if I limit myself to where I can expect to do either, then I am the one that misses out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back