Trail Camera of Choice?

Moultrie M-80 black I bought in 2011 is hands down best camera I have ever owned...I have replaced the strap twice because this camera has been outside taking pictures everyday since October of 2011...it has never "blacked, whited, or pinked a shot and every time it triggers there is something moving in front of it! On top of that I am not getting pics of deer staring at it or on alert or running because they heard a shutter click. Quietest camera I have ever seen!

Geez I wish I had a bunch more of them :(

Moultrie M-80 black I bought in 2011 is hands down best camera I have ever owned...I have replaced the strap twice because this camera has been outside taking pictures everyday since October of 2011...it has never "blacked, whited, or pinked a shot and every time it triggers there is something moving in front of it! On top of that I am not getting pics of deer staring at it or on alert or running because they heard a shutter click. Quietest camera I have ever seen!

Geez I wish I had a bunch more of them :(

Yep, they were awesome cameras. Moultrie seemed to loose it's way after 2013. Haven't had the nerve to buy one since the junk I got in 2014.

Yep, they were awesome cameras. Moultrie seemed to loose it's way after 2013. Haven't had the nerve to buy one since the junk I got in 2014.
I bought an M880i Next Gen last fall and it seems to be an Ok camera. Only issue is if you get a deluge of really intense rain it tends to get inside the camera. Fairly quiet camera but still nothing near as good as my old M-80 Black I gave $115 for several years ago...

I've been transferring over to Brownings the last 12 months. I have 4 of the Strike Force and they have all performed flawlessly. I had a Moultrie and Primos just quit working, both less than a year old. I also have a couple of cuddiebacks in the junk pile from the last few years.

I started transferring to Brownings last fall at the advice of others and bought 4. I have 1 that takes a "Pink" daytime photo and 1 that will no longer come on... I will be trading these in at Bass Pro tonight on their trail cam trade in deal...

I've had lots of brands. Last year I purchased a few wildgame innovation cameras---the real cheap one for 49 bucks on an end of the year clearance. I leave mine out all year long. I have a couple stealth cams running also. I have the expensive one and the cheaper ones. I don't really care if I get beautiful magazine type pics---I just wanna know what I have on my land. I have just as good of luck with the cheaper versions as I do the expensive cameras.

x2. I rarely have more than 3-4 in the woods and like said above, I just need decent pics, not magazine quality. WGI cameras for me, I can usually find someone with them on sale for $49-69, they take good pics and vids, and the batteries last an entire season+.

Which video mode/setting are you using on your Brownings? How large of a memory card?

Kwood,
I haven't used my Browning Dark Ops on video recently but when I did earlier this year I think I used the "high quality" setting. It took pretty decent videos. As far as memory card, depends on how often it's taking videos and how often you are checking it. Videos eat up a lot of memory so I would suggest at least 8mb but recommend 32mb as that is the largest I think they will accept. A couple of videos from Browning Dark Ops:

I switched to Spartan cameras this year and have absolutely loved them. The GoCam has been great sending pictures from my Kansas lease so I don't have to drive 5 hours to check pictures. I use the SR1-IR for properties I am listing and local hunting properties and have not had any issues yet, and they are a great price!

Back