This Should Be Interesting

Semisane

I have a small 1/4 acre plot that's currently a mix of clover/wheat/chicory. Come early March I'm going to hit it with a light mix of Gly to suppress the clover and kill most everything else. A week later I'll broadcast Mung Beans and roll them in with my home made roller/crimper. I'm pretty sure they will grow well because they grew like crazy in a test planting in my home vegetable garden last Spring. It will be interesting to see how hard the deer will hit them. Even if they wipe them out early I'll still have a decent clover plot well into the Summer.

What concentration of Gly (oz. per gallon) would you recommend for this experiment?

47339781481_365f9bfbae_b.jpg

49473878672_e3917bfaf7_c.jpg

41587471712_711f0b118d_c.jpg

I thought 2 quarts per acre was the recommended rate and anything less you're risking creating GLY resistant plants. But, that's just what I've gleaned from reading, I have no first hand experience with light GLY treatments.

You might be able to find that info on Bowsite.com under the Deer Builder sub-forum. I know guys do that but I never have. When I use gly, I burn it down.

I did the same a couple years ago and I'm going by memory but think I used .75 oz per gallon. I found the formula somewhere on the interweb. Maybe it was bowsite or another deer hunting forum. It worked well though. Grasses died and clover rebounded nicely.

I’ve use 1 qt/ac in May, and another plot used 2 qt /ac in Sept. Clover looked a little sick then laughed at it and kept growing and still is 3 years later.
I’m not so sure you need a burn down unless weeds/grasses are heavy. Clover and chicory shouldn’t be too competitive and the wheat should die off as beans grow or you could mow it. Another option if it is just the wheat and/or grasses is to use Cleth.

I have a small 1/4 acre plot that's currently a mix of clover/wheat/chicory. Come early March I'm going to hit it with a light mix of Gly to suppress the clover and kill most everything else.
What concentration of Gly (oz. per gallon) would you recommend for this experiment?

2 qt/acre = 64 oz/acre = 16 oz per 1/4acre = 8 gal of 2oz/gal on 1/4acre = 16 gal of 1oz/gal on 1/4acre.

Back