The Ultimate Deer Skinning Hoist

I really need to up my game. I usually bone them out (gutless method) while they’re on the ground. At 42 I have to admit my back is killing me after 45 minutes of bending over. Certainly works but obviously there are better options!

I’ve been eyeing the truck hitch mounted options. I don’t really have a good spot for a permanent skinning area at the moment.

I’ll have to revisit this thread in a few years when we move out to our property!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I looked at this picture that a friend took, and my first question is, why am I bending over when I have a hoist to lift things up?
Is that deer really small or is the hoist really big? Hey, it's a youth hunt. Yes, the deer was shot in the back quarter. No, I don't normally advise shooting deer there...
d7a24b8a4a2ef21d22dc15ea6af1d0dc.jpg

Answers:
No. 1 DAMMIFIKNOW
NO. 2 Both
No. 3 You answered before I could (but it’s called a “hamblaster”) , deadly, but messy ! :)

Looks like an "H". I have a 1942 H
I had a 1941 "war model" H. Two fuel tanks, start it on gas, then switch over to kerosene, which was cheaper and more readily available. The 4 cylinder farmall H is slightly underpowered for it's weight, and has a low torque to HP ratio, which makes it prone to choking off without warning if the workload suddenly increases. A very solid, well built tractor otherwise, great for planting, raking hay, and cultivating. I stupidly sold it one day for $850 when I was newlywed, and short on cash.

I really need to up my game. I usually bone them out (gutless method) while they’re on the ground. At 42 I have to admit my back is killing me after 45 minutes of bending over. Certainly works but obviously there are better options!

I’ve been eyeing the truck hitch mounted options. I don’t really have a good spot for a permanent skinning area at the moment.

I’ll have to revisit this thread in a few years when we move out to our property!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hitch mount hoists work great. I picked up a couple in the off season. Took it on a trip to a buddy's place. Didn't think I was going to be able to leave camp with it, he liked it so much.
3335b0aff8fd2dd210aa80442c841616.jpg
a1c0d129c20681f76130a671c92f585f.jpg

Back