Spypoint LINK-MICRO cellular trail camera

Sam

I just bought a my first cellular trail camera and i'm pretty excited. A buddy bought one abt a month ago and loves it. I put it out Sunday and had to go back Monday and run a firmware update because but its now up and working. Anyone else running one? i couldn't find a thread so i figured with the price point and if it actually works could be lots of people interested in using them.

I’ve been running one a few weeks now. Had some issues during initial setup but now is running ok. I don’t have it setup in the best spot but it sends me a couple of pictures a day. So far no major complaints but I will be moving it to a more active camera site soon to get a better assessment of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one when they came out in April. It's been running great. I haven't touched it or been near it since. I just use the 100 picture free plan.

FYI- Spypoint now has the ability to request an “HD” pic from the camera via the app. Costs $5 for 50 HD pics

I got one when they came out in April. It's been running great. I haven't touched it or been near it since. I just use the 100 picture free plan.
How long is that 100 free picture plan good for? How much do the other plans cost? 100 pics a month is nothing at a good spot.

Thanks for posting! Those are very resonable rates. The one downside to the monthly plans offered is that we typically take thousands a month in late summer & early fall, and don't run many cameras the other 3/4's of the year...
In that situation, you could do those bottom prices just for month to month, and use the free plan for the other 3/4's of the year.

Yep, exactly. That’s what I’m doing.

I’ve got 4 of the link micros and 3 on the way. I’ve been real happy with them. The camera cost is reasonable and plans aren’t bad, and you can go month to month. I like how small they are, don’t stick out like a sore thumb. Going to use four of them for security purposes primarily and the others for trail cameras.

One thing to mention is don’t give up on using them if the led is showing no signal. I put some up anyway and am getting 1-2 bars according to the app, plenty for the pics to be transmitted. I have mine elevated up on a tree, so that might help.

Also, one neat thing is that you can set the camera to only take pictures at certain times. So if you don’t care about night pics or during the middle of the day, you can set that up on per day basis.

Does anyone know if you have more than one camera do they all run off of one plan or does each camera have to have its own plan?

I have mine turned up to the highest setting for everything and send as soon as the pics are taking for real time info. so im getting 100s of pics a day. i figured if i'm paying for unlimited might as well they it run full blast...well the AA battery only last 30-40 days that way so i upgraded to this battery pack which should be good for a couple of years. well worth the money and comes with a 110 charging cable which is sweet. I mounted it above my camera. i pulled the AA and this plugs right into the back of the camera and the wires is already protected. The only part that i didn't like is the 2-3" of wire from the solar panel into the box doesn't have a metal cover like the power cable.

upload_2019-11-18_12-11-32.png

Back