Show us your pole barn

Well good luck. Places like Pike, Fulton, etc... you are likely within a couple miles of a Boone and Crockett deer just about every time you sit. Seeing them and killing them are completely different stories. Deer get big for a reason.

Back on topic, love the shed. Thanks for adding to this thread. Would love for others to post theirs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Come on, those aren't real barns. LOL Here you go. A tobacco/hay barn built about 4 decades ago. Farmer used locust posts into ground. Was 3 sided and when I bought the place , we closed the open end with some old rusted tin and doors. Stores the tractor, tiller, bushhog, ATV, and bunch of crap. Ain't heated, sure as hell not insulated. Me, the mice, cats, birds, bees, and occasional stray dog love it. Like me, cheap and easy.

IMG_0032B.jpg

IMG_0128B.jpg

photo-1B.jpg

Last edited:
Well no wonder that barn isn't insulated dogger! You don't even have any snow on the ground down there! You're right though ... that is a real barn! :)

Well no wonder that barn isn't insulated dogger! You don't even have any snow on the ground down there! You're right though ... that is a real barn! :)
Snow??? Shut your mouth. It was 60 deg yesterday and 30 today. Rollercoaster of a winter on weather. Deer should fare well. I really do like the barns shown and live vicariously thru you guys. Just a little ragging. Cool thread.

That's some beautiful country your in there Dogghr....and who needs an insulated barn when you have a John Deere with an enclosed cab ! Got satellite radio in that thing ?

And here I am excited about my $3,500 24x24 :D Had a crew put it up last summer. Sure beats leaving the tractor outside and covering it up with a tarp every time.

1ED9BE7C-734A-4B79-A846-F65C366D99E0.jpg

0191C839-15B9-48A4-830D-E2F5DEFFD3E8.jpg

05F5F4D8-7930-4543-93BF-5ACB3DBFFEF6.jpg

That's some beautiful country your in there Dogghr....and who needs an insulated barn when you have a John Deere with an enclosed cab ! Got satellite radio in that thing ?

Thats true and I will say if a person can get a closed cab it is the bomb. I had a friend selling his Deere shop and he just made an offer I couldn't refuse. And I'm glad. Have bush hogged for 8 hours and got out and went to dinner with no cleanup. I have since, flopped the rear wheels out like my previous tractor for more stability. And as for the radio, no satellite, but it does have am/fm/bluetooth player. Nothing like mowing jaming to country, rock , or gospel.:cool:

And here I am excited about my $3,500 24x24 :D Had a crew put it up last summer. Sure beats leaving the tractor outside and covering it up with a tarp every time.

1ED9BE7C-734A-4B79-A846-F65C366D99E0.jpg

0191C839-15B9-48A4-830D-E2F5DEFFD3E8.jpg

05F5F4D8-7930-4543-93BF-5ACB3DBFFEF6.jpg

Now you talking Weasel. Perfect. And snow.

Weasel, how is that unit anchored to the ground? Is the construction stout enough? They're priced cheap enough that I'm intrigued.

Rated to 165 mph winds, anchored with 4 foot steel rods in each corner & middle. We often get some heavy winds in this open corn & bean country of NE Ohio. Heavy duty steel tube framing. It's very stout.

Forgot to add this pic but weasel made me think of it. My wife's only "ask" for our pole barn cabin was that we have a safe room for storms. We ended up getting an f5 rated tornado safe room that bolts down. 6'x4'. Thing ha to be moved in with a fork, its heavy duty. Also doubles as a dog kennel, haha.

This gives us peace of mind being on a slab and also on the knob of a ridge.
1651c6491316f659172e7f9b94994243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Come on, those aren't real barns. LOL Here you go.

My thoughts exactly. When I saw the title of the thread my mind immediately jumped to those hay barns I helped my Father build way back yonder. So my "pole barn" has poles, and repurposed lumber, with dimensions to match the scrape material I have. I put the poles in the ground a couple years back, but then had thievery problems in the area, so I held off. I have decided to proceed and have some ideas for locking it down.

5nYovND.jpg

My plan is to fully enclose (not sure what salvaged material I will find for that yet). The only entrance will be a big pipe metal gate wide enough to drive the tractor in. Gate will be regular install with hinges, etc but I plan to have a couple of these on both ends.

chain.JPG

In addition, I will place my cell camera on one of the poles at that entrance and hopefully get a picture as they angle grinder thru the thick chain.

Still a lot of details to work out. We are soon to move my Mom into assisted living. When that happens my brother will sell her house place, barn, etc. In a "machinery shed" there are lots of spare parts, bolts, huge vices, etc. I plan to move these to my new shed. Also, have an ugly 30 ft office trailer on site that I may park flush up against the shed so that entrance to it is thru the locks describe above. Not sure how to make that work yet.

I really like that Lakn. Looks strong enough for sure.
For you guys that don't want to pour concrete, spread cheap roofing tar paper before you lay your stone. Keeps water and grass at bay.

Posted pics of mine several times in the past. Built in 2011 and still loving it in 2017. 30 x 50 with a 12 ft porch across the front. Finished as 2 bedroom / 1 bath / open kitchen den / sleeping loft / shop area.

Pic from a couple weeks ago.
Cabin from firepit.jpg

Under construction in April 2011.
Barn under construction.jpg

4 days later it looked like this prior to pouring concrete.
Post construction before concrete.jpg

Concrete poured. Pic is from shop area looking back toward living quarters.
concrete poured.jpg

Kitchen / den area after interior build out.
Den Area.jpg

Installed wood heater 1 year after build out was completed.
Wood heater.jpg

Shop area where we once stored UTVs. Washer/dryer, hot water heater and industrial sink in this area.
Shop Area I.jpg

Attachments

• Spring cleaning.jpg
    Spring cleaning.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Shop Area II.jpg
    Shop Area II.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, news said it was just a "wall cloud" but when you are standing under it watching it rotate wondering if you are about to die you start to question what you are doing outside ha

Do you have a door on that safe room?I know a guy that builds safe rooms out of storage containers cut down.They are even tested to stop bullets and can be locked from inside.If you want to protect your lock build you a lock container like on some of the storage containers.In CO we would use 3inch pipe to build a hasp cover,nobody has the guts to try and stick a gun barrel up that piece of pipe to shoot it off and you can't cut with bolt cutters.

Back