Seemed like a butt kinda day...

Triple C

So headed to the grocer n found a nice bone-in shoulder. Rubbed it down n threw it on the pellet smoker this morn. Gonna let it roll naked at 250 for bout 4 hrs.
4A07DA76-B6F1-407E-A1B5-73D7BDB8CA1E.jpeg
36AFF471-AA6E-4AA2-9F9C-BC41EB81C3B9.jpeg

Made a batch of vinegar based sauce on the stove n gonna let that sit all day.
C6D023A9-B42C-4223-9FC9-FE744550BFE1.jpeg

Love the cooking you do...I am in the great white north...lol
Okie - I love to cook. For past few years as empty nester's, I do most of the cooking at home cause I just enjoy the heck out of trying new things. But, with said, I'd gladly trade a portion of my passion for cooking for just a dose of your habitat work ethic. Brooks actually reminds me a lot of you. Always busy...can't sit still and been running equipment for a living since he was in his early 20s. Me...I'm kicked back on the sofa right now watching Cast Away.

swat - Interesting observation on the smoke. I've got a big Traeger at the farm. When doing a long cook at lower temps - say 225 - 275, that thing will throw out all kinda smoke. Here at home I decided to go with the Cabela's pellet smoker. I don't know who makes them for Cabela's but they are well built. But, not anywhere near the smoke that the Traeger puts out. Similar designs but you could make smoke signals with the Traeger. Not so with the Cabela's.

swat - Interesting observation on the smoke. I've got a big Traeger at the farm. When doing a long cook at lower temps - say 225 - 275, that thing will throw out all kinda smoke. Here at home I decided to go with the Cabela's pellet smoker. I don't know who makes them for Cabela's but they are well built. But, not anywhere near the smoke that the Traeger puts out. Similar designs but you could make smoke signals with the Traeger. Not so with the Cabela's.

I have a Camp Chef, I love it, don't get me wrong. It still gives a much better taste than a gas grill, just not as smokey as my stick burner, or electric for that matter. Doesn't everyone have 3 smokers?

Back