Quapaw Meadows (My 160 Acres)...

As you know i love persimmon trees and have a lot of native persimmons scattered through my property.

Unfortunately, many of the trees are males--which produce no fruit. So 3 years ago I decided to a lot of grafting to convert the male trees to female trees. I picked the best producing female trees and collected scions in late winter. Graft as soon as they come out of dormancy. Here is a graft that is 2 years old. It is producing fruit this year---on it's 3rd year after grafting.

After the 2014 season I decided to build a small water hole on my main food plot. Why didn't i do this years ago. It was a great hit with the deer. I have a creek and two ponds but this muddy water hole gets more action than any of the other water sources.

I am not over loaded with turkeys--they come and go. Fortunately during the 2015 youth season there were a few birds around. My oldest daughter loves turkey hunting

Have I mentioned that I love soybeans--especially Eagle Beans

First pic is ag beans---they did well. The 2nd pic is Eagle beans. Little bit of difference. Planted side by side

Wish we could get a bean plot up like that. Seeing the post about the duck pond made me think about your shoulder. Did they put any shot gunning restrictions on you?

After the 2014 season I decided to build a small water hole on my main food plot. Why didn't i do this years ago. It was a great hit with the deer. I have a creek and two ponds but this muddy water hole gets more action than any of the other water sources.

Same here. A waterhole was one of my best improvements. It's about 15-20 ft in diameter, 2-3 ft deep. The Bucks love it. Especially this time of year. Get lots of pics at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish we could get a bean plot up like that. Seeing the post about the duck pond made me think about your shoulder. Did they put any shot gunning restrictions on you?

No, I shoot right handed and this is my left shoulder so I hope to be good to go with the shotgun come duck season. There is a chance this disease can start in my right shoulder also then I might be out a little longer. Three month rehab then I can be shooting a bow again.

Good stuff as always dd. Did you efence your beans? If not, how big is your bean plot? I clear cut an acre in the south end of our biggest field to bring the total to 5+ acres in hopes of being able to grow beans without having to use and efence.

Those beans look great! I wish mine would have survived the early pressure:mad: Great trail cam pics, love the spotted fawn with mom.

Good stuff as always dd. Did you efence your beans? If not, how big is your bean plot? I clear cut an acre in the south end of our biggest field to bring the total to 5+ acres in hopes of being able to grow beans without having to use and efence.

No. Never have fenced my beans. That eagle plot is 3/4 acre and broadcasted a full bag of beans. I think a bag is 45#--bagged by number of seeds instead of weight. I don't have high numbers and with my plots and native forage the deer numbers are way below my lands carrying capacity.

Those bean look great. If I wanted to do an acre sometime by broadcasting, what would you recommend as far as type and amount of seed?

Those bean look great. If I wanted to do an acre sometime by broadcasting, what would you recommend as far as type and amount of seed?

I use the Eagle Game Keeper beans. It's a variety of 4 different forage beans. They recommend broadcasted at 70# per acre. You will notice a huge difference between Ag beans vs Forage beans. They aren't cheap but I only plant 1 to 2 bags a spring.

Back