Quapaw Meadows (My 160 Acres)...

Todd, that one buck is incredible. I can't wait to see you put that one on the wall.

Your wildflower is Pale Evening Primrose.

Little bummed. Lost one of my huge pecan trees to a storm that blew across a couple of weeks ago. Was a huge beautiful tree. Must have been diseased, I guess just part of life.
1yoGdRT.jpg

0Qk6ZtX.jpg

FUQT7k4.jpg

Pecan graft I did last year. I don't know the variety. It came from my neighbors pecan tree. Throws a huge thin shelled pecan.
j6OzTNj.jpg

UysgqL0.jpg

Caught about a dozen bass from my pond today. No big ones though.
m2Z2jQ0.jpg

Great deer and nice bass. You have a wonderful spot there. That was a great tree; hope there are things that can be done to promote growth and longevity of more of them.

It's been so dry. My last rain was 14 days ago and that was only .07". I planted some chestnuts very early spring when we were getting rain so I headed to water the chestnuts. Wayne was kind enough to send me seeds last year so the least I can do is keep them alive. They are tubed and so far all are alive with a deep green color. Today a little cool front moved through with overcast skies but unfortunately no rain. So I decided to pop out the old fishing tube and do a little pond fishing. Fish were tight in cover not really chasing lures so tied on the Mega Salt Craw and started flipping into tight cover. Ended up catching about a dozen bass then did a little shore fishing on my smaller pond.
nVo8j9c.jpg

mVe8XiS.jpg

gWXRMYD.jpg

This is a doe produced twin bucks last year and now with another set of twins. A very good mother who is always on alert and I don't want to admit how many times she has busted me in the tower stand. Every time she enters the BBJ foodplot she walks downwind to make sure it is safe. I was tempted to shoot her last year so she wouldn't run off her two buck fawns but she is good stock.
WtoEK7p.jpg

Good size kitty cat
SnbgbuH.jpg

Eagle beans started off with a bang but with the dry weather they are now struggling.
UGfWeLT.jpg

Good stuff! Glad you showed several bass pics. I was about to accuse you of using same picture all the time. Have not had my Boggy Bottom fix lately. Does big boy hang out there?
Was the pecan still producing? What can you graft pecan to? Only pecan stock?

Good stuff! Glad you showed several bass pics. I was about to accuse you of using same picture all the time. Have not had my Boggy Bottom fix lately. Does big boy hang out there?
Was the pecan still producing? What can you graft pecan to? Only pecan stock?
The pecan has always been a heavy producer. You can also graft pecans to hickory.
The big boy is hanging out at the main plot. I have no pics of him in the BB plot. Very fortunate to have a couple good fishing ponds.

Not to be a smart@$$ but how do you know that's the same doe? :p They all kinda look the same to me

Not to be a smart@$$ but how do you know that's the same doe? :p They all kinda look the same to me
Haha. After hundreds of pictures and watching her so many times from the stand let's just same I'm pretty darn sure it's the same doe and she shows up at the same time almost every day.

I have plenty of hickory to cut down, I should try grafting some with pecans since they are EVERYWHERE.

When the droughts hit it makes me glad that I don't farm for a living. We had the second driest June in history. For the month of June I received a total of 0.11' of precip. The first week of June I received 0.06 and last week I received 0.05". Went 28 days with no rain. So yes it is dry. My eagle beans are struggling. Without the rain there is just not enough growth to keep up with browsing pressure.
8Dz4TbV.jpg

BQJhzCF.jpg

Wb0SAXh.jpg

dropped the tube in the pond and caught about 20 bass. All fat and sassy. I was out in the tube and look over to my left and see a beaver swimming toward to me. He is obviously not happy with me being in his pond. He came about 20 feet away then slapped that tail on the water and it sounded like a shotgun going off. I think I might have pee'd myself. He finally swam away after a couple of tail slaps and then went on his way.
Z1KKbT8.jpg

Button Bush is in full bloom. I didn't realize that BB had such a sweet smell. It was loaded with pollinators.
iS0FApq.jpg

I have two button bush plants growing at home that were started from cuttings off this plant.
Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th.
God Bless
todd
#MAGA

Back