peach tree question

Mitch

I'm hoping some fellow Okie hunters can chime in and offer some suggestions as to which peach tree species grows best for zone 7. I've emailed and called the local county extension for Murray County but they are always the best at getting back to me. I'm really looking for peaches for me to eat not the deer lol

The university of Arkansas has developed several peaches that I think will work for zone 7.

I've had a couple Loring peaches for about 6 years. They grow fine but you have to spray them frequently to ward off brown rot. My spraying was a week late the last 2 years and I've not eaten a peach from them in those years. Peaches are high maintenance IMO.

They are high maintenance. I planted a bare root peach 2 years ago and this year it produced about 25 peaches. I was watching them closely to pic when ripe. Went out one day to check them and everyone was gone. Dang tree rats got everyone!

Belle of Georgia is the peach tree I have and like I said produced fruit on year 2. Planted late winter 2015.

Harvester and Ranger are good varieties for Texas and would probably work equally as well in Oklahoma. Harvester is rated for zones 6 through 9 and Ranger is 5 through 9.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Never did hear back from our county extension office so i'm thankful for your guys' expertise.

Back