My Central Ky Habitat Addiction

Well fella's .... I'm on the walk of shame.

I sit in today @ a spot where I had been getting a lot of good picks of nice bucks in the daylight.

Well, right at dark I had horns coming in, I new it wasn't one of the wide bucks I had seen but it looked to be a tall racked buck I was REALLY wanting to kill. Didn't have the best look but honestly felt confident that it was him. I made the shot and felt like it was good but waited about 45 minutes to go in and found him about 50 yds down the thicket. I was very disappointed to see that it was a small 8 that I had been seeing also !!

On a good note it is my first velvet buck, however it's the smallest buck I have taken in almost 20 yrs!!!

Was proud to see the fat on this fella also, a little proof that I had been feeding him well.

Guess I will be guiding some young'uns the rest of the year.

We have all taken a lesser deer than we had planned. I have always wanted a velvet buck and you have no reason to be disappointed. Congrats! Enjoy that fine venison that you fed out.

Thanks fella's.

He is a nice young buck, just a little disappointed he wasn't what I was after. In all personal failures their are definitely leasons that I will carry forward .

Got some late round up sprayed around some trees today.
Was really happy with the growth of this young mulberry .

Some of my native habitat plantings, need to get back to work on it bad!! Had good germination I think but grass is creeping in .

And a little snack !! Still blooming, this variety blooms all year.

Congrats on the buck! I always wanted to get a velvet buck. Yeah its a mistake we have all made at one time or another in our hunting excursions. Its easy to mistaken one buck for another! The good news is we don't eat the antlers! Congrats again!

My gosh you are a habitat machine. I love trees and tree planting as well, but what you are doing with those kids is truly amazing. Thank you for that.

Beautiful buck you bagged. Be proud.

Planted an old pond lot n Aug 23rd. Put 3 ton of chicken litter on 1/4 acre and was nervous it would be to much but the soil quality was horrible .

One month later :

Pretty good results!!!

Healthy chicken manure plot. Good work! What kind of temps you got in KY these days. We are looking for highs in the low 80s later this week. Will be cold compared to the temps we have had.

Back