John Deere or Kubota

Buckeye

Been looking at tractors I have it narrowed down to two,John Deere 3032e and Kubota L3301. Does anyone have one of these tractors and if so what's your opinion on them.

No idea on Kabota but love my JD 5325. I've had it 7 or 8 years. Besides the time I damaged a electrical line by pulling it out working in the woods, I change oil and filter and put diesel in it. Not a single issue. Runs like new

Kubota is a great choice but I favor the JD. I have a 3520 and like it, my friend has a 3032E and just loves it. Either way you have two good brands right there.

I absolutely love my L series Kubota. I use mine commercially and have brushhogged hundreds of acres with it over the past few years...no issues other than diesel, oil changes, and go...the entire body is steel on the Kubota tractors and the engine is Kubota whereas the JD is yanmar...Bobcat uses Kubota engines for their skid steers as well...

Whatever you choose make sure you have a good dealership/service center near...

Hard to go wrong with either brand but I went with JD. I have a question about the model in this example. Looks like the 3032e has an MSRP of around $19k and weighs in at about 2200 lbs. In late 2015 I bought a new 5045e 4x4. It's plumbed for a FEL and is a +5k lb tractor. I paid just under $22k out the door. With the prices being so close on these small tractors when compared to the size I bought, I'm curious why so many buy the smaller tractors. Not trying to start a debate or anything I just wonder if I'm missing something. If they were half the price I wouldn't even ask but $19k compared to $22k (and this assumes buying new which may or may not be the best option) seems like a small difference considering that folks keep tractors for many, many, many years. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

No idea on Kabota but love my JD 5325. I've had it 7 or 8 years. Besides the time I damaged a electrical line by pulling it out working in the woods, I change oil and filter and put diesel in it. Not a single issue. Runs like new
You're 6 or 7 years overdue on changing your hydraulic fluid, and your coolant wore out 2-3 years ago. Get ready to buy some parts.

Hard to go wrong with either brand but I went with JD. I have a question about the model in this example. Looks like the 3032e has an MSRP of around $19k and weighs in at about 2200 lbs. In late 2015 I bought a new 5045e 4x4. It's plumbed for a FEL and is a +5k lb tractor. I paid just under $22k out the door. With the prices being so close on these small tractors when compared to the size I bought, I'm curious why so many buy the smaller tractors. Not trying to start a debate or anything I just wonder if I'm missing something. If they were half the price I wouldn't even ask but $19k compared to $22k (and this assumes buying new which may or may not be the best option) seems like a small difference considering that folks keep tractors for many, many, many years. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Not sure about 5045e price but at my local dealer I can get the 3032e with loader, 60in rotary cutter,60in grooming motor for 21,650.00

Kubota MX5200(4x4) here, love it. I looked Sunday and I have 170hrs on it. 2015 model bought brand new in October of 2015. I keep it at my brother house because I use it on a farm out close to him. He has used it almost as much as I have feeding horses and cattle in the mud and muck. Both brands are great choices. If I would ask Kubota to anything differently, it would be to put a little more weight in the ass end. Kubotas tend to be a little lighter than other tractors in the rear end. I'm having fluid put in the rear tires in the next week or 2 and that should correct the only problem I have encountered so far.

Last edited:
Not sure about 5045e price but at my local dealer I can get the 3032e with loader, 60in rotary cutter,60in grooming motor for 21,650.00

Mine doesn't have the FEL but I've considered adding one. Think that's probably another +/- $5k so that starts to open a pretty good gap in the prices. I was raised on a dairy farm where everything we had was +100 hp so my tractor seems really small to me although it handles all of my implements with ease. I've never had the opportunity to use one of the smaller / compact tractors so I don't have a good feel for how they handle the FEL. Would certainly be easier to haul around and take up less space. Good luck with whichever brand / model you choose.

Good buddy runs a Kubota and loves it. He never had a single problem in years. I bought a 1984 JD 750 (Yanmar motor) a few years back. She still fires at the first turn of the key and I've done nothing but change oil & re-fuel. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Both excellent. I know this, those brands hate each other. My first Deere, I was actually buying Orange since they were so equal and only price was an issue. But one mention, and the Deere suddenly beat price and threw on extras. Another thing, true prob with both, when I traded my green, I got full price of what I had paid on trade. Again, I threw out the Orange numbers to them.
And I agree with Cedar, you can buy a 5 series for nearly the same price. My place is too tight for bigger than the 4 series Deere and I can get it into the woods if needed.
Buy as much HP as you can afford on any brand or series.

Don't know about the Kubota, but I have owned a John Deere 3203 it was a great tractor and just purchased a new 3038E and it is turning out to be a great tractor.
You probably cant go wrong with either tractor, but I prefer the green ones.

tractors.jpg

I think it comes down to whether you like the color orange or the color green. They are both great tractors. I went the opposite direction and bought a blue tractor instead. I could get more tractor for the money and saved a couple thousand bucks. I went with the bigger tractor because I was moving round bales at the time so I went with NH Workmaster 55 to add a little beef when hauling weight with it. I have buddies that use red, green, orange and blue and they are all good tractors for what they are being used for.

Green is beautiful!! I'm on my second JD. This one is a 68 HP, 5400 with MFWD and it is everything I need.

That being said, I bought a Land Pride (Kubota) no-till drill last year and it is a very well built piece of machinery too. Tried to get the dealer to paint it green when I ordered it but he just couldn't go there. :D

The main reason I bought Kubota was the skid steer quick connect as it's much easier and cheaper to find skid steer grapples, forks etc than the JD quick attach version.

When I bought my JD790 back when I looked at what my options where and once I had it narrowed down it became a question of parts and service. Tough to beat JD in my area. I can find a JD dealer in every decent sized town around me......but that's what happens living in farm country.

I have heard lots of good things about Kubota so I doubt you can really go "wrong"...... if they are equal machines for equal money and the like then go with what YOU like.

Back