It Is Well...And far be it from me to not believe

dogghr

Well let me see if I can do this. A post not really that should be on deer forum especially in the middle of the most important part of the year for many of us. But I suppose since I made the vague comment on another post, an explanation is in order.
August of this year was a rough month for me. First my dog of 15 years died unexpectantly. Always having a dog but this one was by far the best I’d owned. Rescued from the gas chamber as a pound puppy mixed breed, it became obvious she was a good bit of Australian Shepherd. If you never owned a herding dog, they are amazing to watch. A 30 pounder capable of taking on a 2000 # hunk of meat, making it go wherever the dog pushed. They nip at the heels of cattle or sheep, and can back up faster than most can run, all the while keeping their eye on the aggravated cattle.
She always was by my side whatever doing at the farm till she began to age. Somehow she even
understood which way a felled tree would fall, I never had to make her move to safer place. Certainly will miss her begging to tag along to the farm.

117C619C-41E9-4085-804F-89683CA7BC69.jpeg

Then a week later a much greater loss. My son passed in an accident at the lake apparently triggered by a seizure of which he often dealt with. I can’t put into words here that loss. He was my son, friend, companion, and teacher. His smile and caring attitude would light up anyone he met.
While I consider death simply a transition to that we strive for on this earth, it still hurts beyond description that loss. And while I am happy that his life was in tune with God at this time, the void left behind is still robbing me of sleep, and leaving an emptiness that I can’t explain.
Living in a small town of some 30000 people, we all basically know each other and interconnect with our families, jobs, etc. He had touched so many lives and as anyone would begin to share with me their experience, I knew it would involve tales of his big smile and love for others. I can’t express how overwhelmed I was by the show of love from the community as nearly a thousand people would pass thru the viewing line that night.
He will be sorely missed by me and others, and especially his two young children, but I was fortunate that God shared him with me for those short 39 years. Probably this late night rambling will make little since but as always, I do appreciate the many online and realtime friends I have made over the years on this site. Thanks for that.
This partial quote of a song came to me the morning of his celebration where I gave his eulogy, and I know it is certainly a good description of his life this year.

Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of his voice
Seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard

And far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can’t see
And this mountain that’s in front of me
Will be thrown into the sea

And though it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
And it is well with me. —— Bethel Music

E73BFE8F-03E1-43A6-9CE0-4187B19067EB.jpeg

6E36291F-3101-492A-9EE2-FC77BE762D08.jpeg

Sorry for your loss on both accounts, especially your son. No parent should outlive their children. There will always be an empty hole and thoughts of the person lost. It doesn’t get better, it just easier to cope with on a daily basis. You have your grandchildren to look at and see him through them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine the pain you are dealing with. Having three little ones of my own, I can only assume that a part of you is gone forever and won't be replaced. There are things we can't comprehend but as you eluded to; it is as it should be.

Wow!!! I knew you were going through something but the loss of a child was not 1 of the things I would have guessed! Sincere condolences for that because I do not think I could take 1 of my daughters passing on before myself. We were never mean’t to outlive our children and what you are going through is perfectly understandable. God speed to your son and again...much condolences and healing for your family. Spend as much time as you can with those grandkids!

dogghr, since the day I first learned of this, you haven't been out of my thoughts and prayers. Your great faith and how you have dealt with all of this has made a different person out of me. I can't imagine what you have been through, but I admire you so much for hanging in there and trusting in a higher power. Call or reach out to me anytime my friend. I will always be there for you....

I’m so sorry, dogghr. The thought of losing my almost 13 year old dog makes me sad - the thought of losing a child is unbearable. I hope that you can find peace in his memories and the woods.

jesus-cross.gif
Sorry for your loss dogghr...

Prayers of peace of mind for you and the warm embrace of Gods love to comfort you during this challenging time.

Doug,
There is no words I can say that do justice to what you are going through. It goes without saying that you have been in my thoughts and prayers since it happened. Just a couple of mountain ridges and a text or phone call away if you want to escape for a day.

Man, my heart aches for you. My son is same age. I cannot imagine...I cannot imagine. Prayers for peace and comfort
My wife and I like Gary Allan. Went to a concert recently. During performance he made statement that songs define times and memories, and speak to your heart. He said after the loss of his wife that this song saved his life. The ending lyrics..."Life Ain't Always Beautiful"
If you get a chance google a YouTube version...

Life ain't always beautiful
Some days I miss your smile
I get tired of walkin all these lonely miles

And I wish for just one minute
I could see your pretty face
Guess I can dream, but life don't work that way

But the struggles make me stronger
And the changes make me wise
And happiness has it's own way of takin it's sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful
But I know I'll be fine
Hey, life ain't always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride
What a beautiful ride

So very sorry. No words to ease the pain. Only prayers and hope that you will find peace and rest in your near future.

Dogghr, I’m sorry for your loss. A loss like yours is like a knife in the guts....I know. Your tribute/eulogy was beautiful-thank you for sharing. As impossible as it may seem today, I believe you will find increased peace in your cathedral of the mountains as you contemplate the circle of life and blessing of having had your loved ones in your life.

Dogghr
I always enjoy reading your posts and comments .
Sending prayers your way for peace .
Take extra care of yourself right now .

Back