Inaugural DHF Member of the Year

cutman

Administrator
Staff member
Happy New Year, everyone. I hope that everyone is safely celebrating and still able to hunt just a little bit longer before deer season ends and habitat season begins.

This community has grown tremendously in a short period of time thanks to a dedicated group of people who did not want the spirit of the QDMA forum to disappear. Since this site was established in July we have gone from 0 to over 800 members. That's amazing, and everyone here deserves a lot of credit.

The most positive development, in my opinion, is that we are attracting members who are essentially beginners in the activities we all love: hunting, habitat management, food plotting, etc. The fact that we are seen as a welcoming community willing and able to help is something we should all be proud of.

There are countless people who have contributed to the success of this site, but the mods want to single out one member in particular for the positive impact he has had on Deer Hunter Forum's young existence. This man is always willing to help, he's usually the first poster to welcome a new member, he sought out lost QDMA members to make sure they could find their way home, and he's beyond generous with both his knowledge AND his chestnuts.

The 2016 Deer Hunter Forum Member of the Year is wbpdeer. Thanks for all you do, Wayne.

trophy-gold-animated-gif-3.gif

Awesome. Well deserved, but glad I wouldn't have wanted to make that choice. Bunch of goodins on here. I like you criteria Great choice.

Kind words are always appreciated. Thank you for the recognition.

I could easily name 20 members just as deserving as me. I want to thank all users that post here as we have great content and conduct.

In 2017, I do hope many readers/lurkers will get the courage to post their questions and ask for help on any issues you have. Back in the summer I had gotten my Greenhouse completed and within days the folks announced the closing of the old site. I knew I didn't want to see a good thing evaporate and it didn't.

The work of many individuals got us where we are now. ;)

If you don't want to post a question, you can start a conversation with someone and ask it privately. If you are hesitant - send me a conversation with a question. If I am able to answer it, I will. If not I will attempt to get the right person to help you. What I will not do is act like I know the answer when I have no experience or knowledge.

It is hard to have a positive outcome if we have a negative frame of mind. I hope my various posts have been helpful. I had one of my post that I deleted when a friend pointed out to me that the way I was looking at a discussion was not spot on. I was simply too harsh in my reply. I got it deleted. :rolleyes:

We have very little friction in the forum discussion and topics and the credit goes to the users. Certainly the moderators show excellent leadership and nip in the bud the discussions that lose their way.

I want to thank everyone that has helped me. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Please share our forum address with your good friends.

Wayne

Back