House and Habitat build thread:

We are talking about upgrading the site as we speak. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade without losing all the current photos. Talk about a tough decision.

For the record, I use the Deer Hunter Forum app on my phone to upload pics. Unfortunately they have to be 1000 kB or less, despite the fact that I have it set to 10x that. Aggravating.
That is a tough choice, nobody wants to lose their pics and there is a ton of stuff on some of these threads that be unfortunate to loose.
I didn't know there was an app. I'll give that a go and see what happens. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We are talking about upgrading the site as we speak. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade without losing all the current photos. Talk about a tough decision.

For the record, I use the Deer Hunter Forum app on my phone to upload pics. Unfortunately they have to be 1000 kB or less, despite the fact that I have it set to 10x that. Aggravating.
Can't find it on Playstore. Does it go by another name?

How am I just now seeing this!!! I need the story! Lol
A lot of those pics were just random hunting pics I took the last couple of weeks. I had some fantastic decoying this season and a lot of close encounters!

The deer I shot was at the home place. I had hunted a stand that hasn't been used for 10 or so yrs. Still a trail running in front of it but 2 large trees had fallen on either side, making a pinch point about 5yds wide. The first hunt I witnessed a couple of bucks hesitate before going between the downed trees. About an hour before dark this nice 12 comes through from the north, but instead of going through the pinch point he skirts it at 35yds to the east... high side of the bluff. I passed on him and kind of regretted it afterwards. So, knowing deer don't like pinch points in the woods I got another stand and put it up 20yds to the west of my old one (I didn't want to disturb the area by moving the original stand). This put me out of range for anything using the bluff up hill of that stand (most of the deer), but I thought it was the right move. The next morning I was in that new stand watching a 9 work a scrape when he turned, looked, bristled up, and stiff-legged it towards the south. The 12 steps into view... the 9 turns and walks the trail to the north through the pinch point. The 12 is a slow mover. Was slow the first time I saw him, and slow this time. He eventually circles west and walks right into my lap as he skirts to the west of the pinch point. Let an arrow fly and go grab the kids for help. Good times!

A lot of those pics were just random hunting pics I took the last couple of weeks. I had some fantastic decoying this season and a lot of close encounters!

The deer I shot was at the home place. I had hunted a stand that hasn't been used for 10 or so yrs. Still a trail running in front of it but 2 large trees had fallen on either side, making a pinch point about 5yds wide. The first hunt I witnessed a couple of bucks hesitate before going between the downed trees. About an hour before dark this nice 12 comes through from the north, but instead of going through the pinch point he skirts it at 35yds to the east... high side of the bluff. I passed on him and kind of regretted it afterwards. So, knowing deer don't like pinch points in the woods I got another stand and put it up 20yds to the west of my old one (I didn't want to disturb the area by moving the original stand). This put me out of range for anything using the bluff up hill of that stand (most of the deer), but I thought it was the right move. The next morning I was in that new stand watching a 9 work a scrape when he turned, looked, bristled up, and stiff-legged it towards the south. The 12 steps into view... the 9 turns and walks the trail to the north through the pinch point. The 12 is a slow mover. Was slow the first time I saw him, and slow this time. He eventually circles west and walks right into my lap as he skirts to the west of the pinch point. Let an arrow fly and go grab the kids for help. Good times!

Love it when a plan comes together!

Thanks guys! It was a fun season. Never quite satisfied when it's over, always wish it could last a little longer.
Still wish I could post pics on this site!

Been a long time since I've updated this thread. The changes to the site is going help a ton!!!

Up to 50 sheds so far. Doubt I find any more but I'll keep an eye out just on case.
Screenshot_20230316_165804_Gallery.jpg

Hasn't been a lot of time to fish but when I have gone I've caught stuff.
Screenshot_20230314_183754_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230313_074930_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230226_085825_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230226_085843_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_074930_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_074930_Gallery.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 8
Random pics; some because they're pretty (got some pic I'm really happy with considering they're from my phone) and some just because it's what we were doing at the time.

Little cat has had a great freshman yr! His CC team won League, were Regional Runner-Up's, and 12th at State. 4 freshmen and 1 sophomore. Plus they put together a winning season in basketball. Made it to 2nd round of Substate. He averaged 47% from the 3 pt line (in JV, but he also played some Varsity which I think is great for an underclassmen).
Screenshot_20230124_174641_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221106_154047_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230213_072728_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221129_143537_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230113_112338_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230113_112325_Gallery.jpg20230107_075738.jpgScreenshot_20230126_073455_Gallery.jpg

Been a long time since I've updated this thread. The changes to the site is going help a ton!!!

Up to 50 sheds so far. Doubt I find any more but I'll keep an eye out just on case.
View attachment 24986

Hasn't been a lot of time to fish but when I have gone I've caught stuff.
View attachment 24987

50 is pretty dang good! I'm around 35. How many places do you look in general? I'm looking on about 7-8 spots. Looks like you have some slammers!

35 is a great number!!! I usually find 20 or so, maybe less. This has just been a great yr for me. Found 2 at my parents place, 3 on a field down the road, and the rest on our place.

Heck yeah. Found my biggest ever this year. I have set a goal of finding an 80” shed. I almost did it this year. 79+” 5 point shed. Sooooooo close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back