He’s back! UPDATE

So this is a buck I have some history with. I’ve been watching / hunting him for five years now. Last year I wanted to try to harvest him but he disappeared 2 days into muzzy season and only made a few guest appearances for the remainder of hunting season. First pic is 2015, second 2016, third 2017 and fourth is the evidence that he has returned to his summer/fall grounds. All set up for a photo shoot now so fingers crossed.
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_1462.JPG
Image1535054398.318036.jpg
Image1535054434.140154.jpg
Hoping for 2018 velvet pictures in the next few days. He is 7 1/2 now

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I hope you get a pic and then a chance to close the deal. I don;t have a lot of long term history with bucks in my area. I'm lucky if I see them on cam and then again in person. Bucks in my area travel many properties because cover is pretty minimal, but food is every where. So it takes the rut and the search for food to get the big boys up and moving. Also nice to see he has a feature on that right antler to give him away/ID him.

So this is a buck I have some history with. I’ve been watching / hunting him for five years now. Last year I wanted to try to harvest him but he disappeared 2 days into muzzy season and only made a few guest appearances for the remainder of hunting season. First pic is 2015, second 2016, third 2017 and fourth is the evidence that he has returned to his summer/fall grounds. All set up for a photo shoot now so fingers crossed.
View attachment 13279
View attachment 13280
View attachment 13281
View attachment 13282
View attachment 13283
Hoping for 2018 velvet pictures in the next few days. He is 7 1/2 now

Love that 2017 pic! Good luck with him.

Finally got back in to check the cam! Looks like he put on quite a bit of mass, added a g4 on his left and some stickers starting on his bases. C’mon muzzy season. Really starting to think I should get my bow course...
View attachment 13354
View attachment 13355
View attachment 13356
View attachment 13357
View attachment 13358

That's a real buck, right there.
Good luck. Don't educated him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What a beautiful buck. And it’s really cool that you recognized him from his hoof track.

Any guesses on what he would score? I know it’s hard to judge with the velvet on. His score doesn’t make any difference to me just curious, either way he is definitely a shooter!

Any guesses on what he would score? I know it’s hard to judge with the velvet on. His score doesn’t make any difference to me just curious, either way he is definitely a shooter!

What's the date on the pics?
He's a mainframe 9 plus a split g2. Mass seems good, but he's in velvet, spread is decent but not fantastic, and tine length is also decent but not tremendous. Beam length is solid.
My wild ass guess is low to mid 150s gross (nets are for fish).
Its really easy to overestimate bucks in velvet. He looks 10 inches better, but I bet he will look like a different critter in a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Makes no difference what he scores, he's a solid 9 on the maturity scale, and a handsome buck. Good luck !

Back