Haybale blind covering

BenAllgood

Most people use the biodegradable erosion control blankets for covering their diy bale blinds. I'm looking for something not biodegradable but still looks like hay in a roll. I can't seem to find anything in a roll that has the hay appearance.

I used reinforced poly under the erosion blanket. It's the stuff elevators in the midwest cover the giant piles of corn with, white on one side, black on the other. So my blinds are black inside and wind / waterproof. Just need a brown covering.

The stuff I'm going to use for the under layer is stretch wrap. We use it at work to wrap materials on pallets. It's like heavy duty saran wrap. It will make it wind and water proof. It will also help hold the cattle panels together because I'm not going to use any type of base. I'm just wiring the ends together at the base with ceiling grid suspension wire. I'm wrapping the whole blind, top, sides, and bottom. The wrap comes in black and clear, so I'll use the black underneath. It's cheap too.

This stuff looks like it might do the trick. I was planning to make the bale 6' wide and the cattle panels are 16' long, so one of these should fit over the top perfect. Then, the sides will need to have another one. But, I'm building 2, so I can split one between the 2 blinds. They're cheap at $26 and should last longer than the erosion blankets.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/6-ft-H-...8keC3qRjMH4ek6NTkL-pKU-Z3TWCgRSEaELB7oiIKm3a8

natural-garden-fence-panels-0406164-64_1000.jpg

Looks like a good option. Wonder if the integrity would be compromised when you cut the window holes. Mine are about 12" x 16"?

Looks like a good option. Wonder if the integrity would be compromised when you cut the window holes. Mine are about 12" x 16"?
I'll know in April. I was going to make my windows that same size. I may have to adjust for the wiring though, so it lines up right.

Back