G&N Farm

I dont live in row crop country. Cattle and chickens where I live. Plenty of hay equipment - not too much dirt working or planting equipment. I have always thought us food plotters should go in together and buy a pool of equipment. Of course we would all want something that one time for the year on the same day.
That figures - around me you can find old 2 bottom plows in the woods just rusting away.....folks will damn near give them away! My 2 bottom was a gift - my grandfather bought an old 8N tractor and the guy selling it sold it as a package deal, with mower, plow and disc. My grandfather had no use for the plow or disc at the time so they got covered with a tarp and spent 30 years that way. They got to cleaning the place up and he knew I did my plotting and the like and told me if I came and got them I could have them. I didn't even know he had them! My planter I paid $50 for with a bucket full of plates and the original manual because the guy wanted the room in his barn. It's all old stuff but it works for what I need. You don't NEED a plow, but you certainly have to adopt other practices to get around it. Sometimes living in row crop country can be a blessing I guess.

Your right as well - everybody would want to use the same tool around the same time of year!!!!

I agree - we make do with what we have. I have planted 40 acres in a year with a 28 hp jd 790. I have planted about 15 acres off a 4 wheeler. If you are determined enough, you can make do.

I agree - we make do with what we have. I have planted 40 acres in a year with a 28 hp jd 790. I have planted about 15 acres off a 4 wheeler. If you are determined enough, you can make do.
Wow 40 acres with a 790! I have/use a 790 currently and there is no way I would even consider trying! I do maybe 2 acres of annuals tops and after a weekend of plowing, discing, dragging and planting just those few acres I am real tired of that seat. I love turning dirt, but there is a limit!!!

Wow 40 acres with a 790! I have/use a 790 currently and there is no way I would even consider trying! I do maybe 2 acres of annuals tops and after a weekend of plowing, discing, dragging and planting just those few acres I am real tired of that seat. I love turning dirt, but there is a limit!!!

Yes - it got so bad I wasn't hardly seeing my wife because of the time I spent on that little tractor. SHE talked me into buying a JD 6065e, 65 hp tractor for her anniversary last fall. But, we bought some more land, also - so I might not be at the house anymore than I was.:D

Yes - it got so bad I wasn't hardly seeing my wife because of the time I spent on that little tractor. SHE talked me into buying a JD 6065e, 65 hp tractor for her anniversary last fall. But, we bought some more land, also - so I might not be at the house anymore than I was.:D
My wife tells me all the time....."You're the only person I know who is HOME all the time, but is never here!" I'm always screwing with something. Don't think I could do the whole, "If I had a bigger tractor or particular implement I would be home more".....she would see thru that in a heartbeat...... I do tell her I could be out drinking, smoking, cheating, gambling and those sorts of things. She then looks at me raises an eyebrow and says - "I thought I saw some johnsongrass in your food plot the other day" Man.....she knows how to play dirty!!!

Big deer is looking at that dead tree and saying "Man, I wish I could grow a rack like that!"

IMG_1961.JPG Did some bush hogging yesterday on our new ground down in the bottoms. The part i am in now has scattered, old growth native pecan. Should make for a picturesque food plot with those trees - some up to 36".

IMG_1969.JPG While moving some limbs during bush hogging, I didnt realize one contained a fireant nest. That didnt go well.

My wife tells me all the time....."You're the only person I know who is HOME all the time, but is never here!" I'm always screwing with something. Don't think I could do the whole, "If I had a bigger tractor or particular implement I would be home more".....she would see thru that in a heartbeat...... I do tell her I could be out drinking, smoking, cheating, gambling and those sorts of things. She then looks at me raises an eyebrow and says - "I thought I saw some johnsongrass in your food plot the other day" Man.....she knows how to play dirty!!!

That is some funny stuff right there.

Wow, Arkansas fire ants make Illinois and Missouri fire ants look like nothing. That's nasty. Beautiful bucks! Hopefully they all stay close after dispersal. Looks like you have plenty to be excited about for this upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured you had the pleasure of being graced with fireants on your place. You are not that far north of me.
I'm not sure how far north they've made it though I'm curious now. They've not made it as far as north east ark at least.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

They're not to very far away. Just one more thing to look forward to lol.
4f26f6eda3c9963525574256c8cfee5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Back