Nice fine as I picked up a 2 wheel cultipacker this spring before the rush was on for planting.
All 4 of my bearing needed rebuilt as they where almost down to metal. My wood bearings are hard maple, 6 sided with a 1.5" hole for the axle and 6 grease holes in the center for grease transfer.
The wood bearings aren't available so I did research and found a guy on Yesterday Tractor forum who rebuilt his bearings 10 years ago using plastic PVC pipe. This idea got my thought process goings so I did the same rebuilt.
Took 1.5" PVC pipe, which was just too small ID to slip over my 1.5" axle so I just did a single split on the table saw and pride it open enough to slip on the axle.
Then I took 2.5" PVC pipe and split into 2 pieces length wise and put over the 1.5" pieces.
Everything is tight as a drum. Installed the end caps and shot it full of grease with the top grease zerks.
I've used it 2 times now and everything works and sounds OK. Next spring I'll take the end caps off for a inspection but I don't expect to find anything. I figure I go 2 miles total putting in the food plots.