Finally...Cultipacker!

If anyone is close to SW Ohio I'll be selling my 6' basket type cultipacker. 20 miles north of Cincinnati.
250..00 can help load. I used it for 2 season and works OK and pulled it behind my ATV or my golfcart.
Not heavy duty like the roller type but nice for small tight spots.
I'll try for some pictures.

Used cultipackers go for around $100/foot. We were fortunate enough to find a 14' unit (6-footer, with two 4' wings) for $600. We separated them and keep one cultipacker at each of the three properties where we usually put in food plots. It took a while to find that and my dad drove to Iowa to pick it up.

That one is just over 9.5' end to end with the 17" diameter wheels. I thought it was a steal at $370. I guess he thought it was priced too high because I handed him $375 and he gave me $5 back to buy breakfast .

Last edited:
My grandfather bought this one in 1950.

0c27a3ba19c5098b7d8c5b69b2a56e60.jpg

It's 8' end to end. I'm planning to replace the bearings in the one I got and leave it at the main farm. I'd like to use the packer wheels off the 8' double and make two to leave at my other two planting spots.

I prefer the 3PH packers since I go through and plant in some tight places.

I got lucky when I got my packer. Was at a mans house this spring buying a disc and saw a dismantled packer laying around. Asked him about it and he said he was going to put it back together, 3 years later it was still dismantled and he didn't want it around anymore.. Bought it for $125.00.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a side-by-side-(by-side?) comparison of a field planted with throw-n-mow, disc-broadcast-cultipack, and using a seed drill or row planter? I'm sure the drill/planter would get equal germination with a lower seed count, but I wonder what the net results are for these three methods?

I have been very happy with the results obtained using a cultipacker.

I made it up the mountain with no problems. If it was 6" wider I would have had to cut down some pretty big trees .

Back